Broken Studs on Manifold and crack :(

-
Reaction score
Welp, I finally jumped into my exhaust manifold gasket. knowing full well it had not been off in 47 years. Parked it in a spot it could sit for a minute if neccesary.
Broke 4 studs after lots of tender loving care (and PB blaster.) was to be expected and I have a new stud kit anyway. Found a crack in the manifold. Back to craigslist for me it looks like. Anyone have a decent exhaust manifold they'd like to sell??

I may be showing my age here but I am slowly becoming obsessed with the slant 6. This thing runs like a sowing machine and I have already found a carb not bolted down (like at all) and every bolt rusted in place. Still worked fine. loving this car

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

You should not have too much trouble finding one. However, you really need to post this in the "Wanted" Forum. There is a better chance of someone responding to a posting with a title of "WANTED: Exhaust Manifold for Slant Six" Than "Hey, I got a crack in my manifold.
Good luck.

Yeah you should definitely be stumbling over those exhaust manifolds here in the northwest. You shouldn't have to go even out of town let alone out of state.

I have had manifolds broken in half repaired, preheated in oven, nickel rod welded, and then put it back in the oven and turn oven off, let cool overnight. Stronger than the original.

Forsure, by the time you factor diff, trans, maybe trans refresh, engine...maybe refresh too, mounts, blah blah blah.

Very similar cost.. .

hey, if you want cheap, get a chevy

sides, i wasnt talking about price tag, i was talking about opportunity

-
Back