Bucket Install for 75 Duster

-

ozymail01

Reaction score
Help! I have a 75 Duster that originally came with the bench seat. I purchased some bucket seats out of a 75 4-door A-body (dart I think). The seller didn't tell me they were out of a 4 door until I was on my way out of the driveway. They fold forward etc.

The issue is none of the brackets seem to mach anything and do not make since. Does anyone know where I can start?

The brackets on the drivers side seat outside is tall, console side is low. Blolt c/c distance side-side is 11-3/4

The brackers on the pasenger side seat ouside and inside are both tall. Bolt c/c distance side-side is 11-1/2

Also, I've seen other post that talk about the mounting plates. What purpose do these serve?

pasenger 1.jpg

driver 1.jpg

You will have to drill all new holes in your floor. If you pull up your carpet and look close enough you can see 4 dimples in your floor pan where the factory would have mounted the bucket seats. The seat tracks on the buckets are infact the seat tracks you need.

Thanks guys. I was trying to fit them to the mounting holes for the bench but it's obvious now that those should be ignored and new hole drilled.

We ahve the drivers side in now based on centering on the steering wheel but it 's not clear where the passenger should go side to side. Do you have a demention from the door plate over to the first set of hole for the outside seat rail?

Ozymail

i colored the dimples in with a black marker for the pic. thats where a stock bucket bracket will go.

seats037.jpg

seats038.jpg

Here's another pic out of a '70. The later floors were stamped a little different to make room for cat exhaust.

bucketseatlocationimg.jpg

-
Back