Bucket seat hardware???

-

Possum

MOPAR LOVER
Reaction score
I have a '70 Dart Swinger 340 with bucket seats. My issue is that the seat backs have no hardware to keep them attached at their top end. There's two holes, but that's it! I recently purchased a package containing over a hundred interior screws, but nothing is marked for this location. :banghead:
Does anyone know what is correct and where I can acquire it? Your assistance with this matter is greatly appreciated. :prayer:

Interesting question. The earlier seat backs had a pair of hidden hooks at the top and screws hidden from the bottom up. Leys hope you dont have added holes where hooks once were. A bump at best.

If you are talking about 2 holes in the very top of the seat back, those are for the headrests to slip into. Not all buckets had built in headrests, especially in '70.

the top two holes use long screws. quick guess is about 1 1/2 inches long

Perhaps I should've include pics with my inquiry... Here's two pics that will hopefully help someone assist me. Granted these angles don't show the backs very well, but you can clearly see that they are not the style designed to accept headrests.
Thanks you!

Hey Possum, look at the pic, does the hardware go where I circled? My advice would be get in touch with Legendary or Year one. Maybe R/T specialty, probably better to talk with them on the phone then deal with emails.

Attachments

• 70 dart bucket seats2.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 115
-
Back