Bucket seat identification

-

haybag

Reaction score
Have a pair of buckets that came in a 67 Dart, but are not correct for it. They are high back 1971 -up I am guessing. Each has an electrical pigtail coming out of it. Did they have heated seats back then? Any help on what these seats are from appreciated.

Attachments

• 100_4788b.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 322
  • 100_4789b.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 320
The wires/sensors are for the seat belt warning light/buzzer. Can you remove the seat covers & get a pic of the seat side release mechanisms? I'm guessing those are the soft backed style which would be 73 and up seats....

Could be about any year hiding under those baggy covers.
Highbacks are 70 on.

Could be about any year hiding under those baggy covers.
Highbacks are 70 on.

I don't think those could be 70 or 71 seats. The seat belt warning light/buzzer wasn't used until sometime in 72 I believe...

My car is an early 72 build and didn't have the seatbelt warning light in the dash cluster, but I've seen other 72's with them :scratch:

the track on the right looks like one of flat ones to clear the cat convertor on the floor ...if that is original to the seat then they are most likely late 74, 75 or 76 A-body.

The general shape and lack of a hard back suggests that anyway.

The pigtail goes to a switch that was used as a weight sensor for the "fasten seatbelt" light, the buzzer, and 1974's notorious ignition interlock.

-
Back