Bucket seat question

-

zigs

Reaction score
I have a chance to get a set of bucket seats but the guy thinks their from a Cbody.
I know the tracks would be wrong but would the seats physically it a 70 Duster with console.
thanks

C bodies are wider than A, B & E-bodies.

C-body buckets are too wide to fit As, Bs & Es.

00O0O_eHPTgfiLPdh_600x450.jpg
00606_bUEod2ODgP6_50x50c.jpg

Those are NOT C-body buckets.

So they should fit with the right tracks.

Measure your seat across the bottom cushion and post the dimension. Then maybe someone here can compare it to their a-body seats to see if you are good. Also maybe measure the track centerline dimension and post that too.

Don't late A and F body seats have 2 piece plastic hinge covers?

Those sure do look like wide c body seats to me.

Don't late A and F body seats have 2 piece plastic hinge covers?

Mine have a one piece hinge cover. I am not positive but I think my seats came from a 75 valiant. They look just like the seats in question.
You could look through the year one catalog and compare the different designs to try to pinpoint the year and application.

Measure your seat across the bottom cushion and post the dimension. Then maybe someone here can compare it to their a-body seats to see if you are good. Also maybe measure the track centerline dimension and post that too.
Guys supposed to get me measurments

This is what I've come up with so far . White seats are the ones I'm looking
74Partsduster003.jpg
at. Black seats are pictures off the internet that say Bbody
00O0O_eHPTgfiLPdh_600x450.jpg

Notice in post 18 the upholstery pattern, although close- does not match.

th?id=OIP.GkCHQNDcwLmLUHROzZsjswHaFj&w=244&h=180&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg
I think I found it. 73 Newport. Now question is can I get them to fit. Tracks measure same as my dart. I don't know how wide cushion is yet. My Dart cushion is 21-1/2" and I have a good 5" to the door. More thoughts ?

Mine have a one piece hinge cover. I am not positive but I think my seats came from a 75 valiant. They look just like the seats in question.
You could look through the year one catalog and compare the different designs to try to pinpoint the year and application.
Can you post pictures ?

My Dart seats are 21 1/2 " . These seats are 23 1/2 "

-
Back