Bucket seat track/rails

-

3406pk

Reaction score
On my 74 Duster the track/rail for the bucket seat is loose and/or broken. It appears that the guides within the rails are missing or broken. Also the spring inside is missing. Is there repair parts available or a replacement track. It is the adjuster lever side. Will the track from bench seats fit the bucket? I checked the sites at YearOne and RT Specialties but nothing there. I appreciate any help.

I'm not aware of replacement repair parts for the tracks. Maybe someone else will post that knows differently.

The only way I know of - is to get good used replacement track assemblies. I do not think bench seat tracks will work. On a bench seat there are two tracks, on buckets there are two per seat, plus the mounting location on the floor is quite different, on the bench they mount to a raised portion of the floor - the tracks are shorter in height.

You might be able to substitute the outer tracks with bench seat units, if you shim the bottoms of them to the same height and rig some sort of way to bolt them down.

Where I would look: ebay, moparts swap meet section, this websites for sale section, junkyards, etc. You'll find a set - it'll just take some time.

there are atleast 2 different designs of the plastic ball cages and 1 design of metal ball cage. The design of the rails never changed. Any donor track will provide usable parts (rollers and springs).
I recently sold some to a memeber here but I can't continue to do that or I wont have a stach.

Thanks for info Redfish and 66dartgt. I will find a bench seat and try to salvage the ball cages if the outer track won't fit. I stopped at a salvage yard today, but the snow is too deep to get to those cars. The owner is a mopar fan and has a 70 Challenger in his shop that is a 0 miles original drag race super stock car that belonged to a racer named Wren. He is restoring it to race trim with the big Hemi. Cool looking piece of rolling history.

A member in Parkersburg WV is selling bench seat tracks from a 72 Dart being parted. Take a look in the Parts for sale area if interested.

-
Back