Bucket Seats - Some Questions

-

sneke_eyez

1974 Dodge Dart 2dr 318V8
Reaction score
Alright, I had wanted to put in the set of Dodge Avenger buckets I had in storage into my Dart, but my dad was dead set against the idea of custom making brackets to make them fit, so I sold them to a friend whos wanted them for a while...
Anyway, now I'm on the hunt for some buckets for my Dart.
I know that the ones from a Dart Sport/Duster will fit, but have yet to come across any anywhere.

I did, however, find a set that looks exactly like them in a 78 Dodge Aspen in my local junkyard.
They are white (ew), but they look like they should work.
I'm curious if anyone knows if they fit in a Dart without any custom work (but drilling the pre-dented holes)

Also, is there a place to buy the entire seats, reproduced?
I have found the upholstery, but not the seats themselves...

Also, if anyone has some buckets for sale, let me know.

I just sold a set for a 74-76 Duster here on FABO in the for sale section. There is a guy here that has about 8 sets for a Dart. Look on ebay as well.

You cant get new seats. You will need at the least some good frames.

You can get new foam buns for the bottoms and backs. And new cover and knobs as well.

sneke_eyez, I can vouch for how hard it is to put avenger seats in, I have them in my 73 duster and it was a REAL pain to figure out the bracketry. If you are going the custom route, keep in mind that the drive shaft hump is NOT in the center of the car.... it's offset ever so slightly to the passenger side. (like 1.5 inches IIRC ) However when it's all said and done I paid $60 for the pair at a local yard and like a full weekend to get them in where I wanted them.

If that is the same aspen that had the 4spd go strip it. The seats(and tracks) are worth a pretty penny at least around here, and the tranny will drop in an A. the pedals are a pain but very rare, it took me 4 years to find a set for mine.

I dunno if its the Aspen with the 4spd, but I know its got bucket seats...
Will they fit my car?
They look exactly like Dart Sport/Duster seats.

I'm planning on heading back to that yard soon enough, so if its got all that stuff I'll strip it out.

My grandfather actually just picked up some bucket seats for me that he happened across on Craigslist:
http://providence.craigslist.org/pts/612185447.html
I'm not really sure what the heck they are out of, but they were a damn goo price, less than I'd pay at my junkyard for 1 seat.
And we paid less for them than the ad asks...
I'm gonna see if I can make those fit easily, but I am still on the lookout for Dart Sport/Duster buckets because I like the style of them.

I really wanted to go with some custom seats in the Dart, but my dad doesn't want to fab brackets for them, and I really do like the Dart Sport/Duster buckets, so I'm just gonna get those because they'll be easier to put in.

I dunno if its the Aspen with the 4spd, but I know its got bucket seats...
Will they fit my car?
They look exactly like Dart Sport/Duster seats.

Do they look like these '76 Aspen S/E bucket seats?

Pics031.jpg

Pics030.jpg

Pics028.jpg

I've been trying to determine how close F-body bucket seats are to A-body seats, but haven't had much luck.

Yes, yes they do.
When it isn't pouring, I'll head back to the yard and take pictures...

There is a guy named Jim in MA who is selling a set of A-body buckets, they look to be in good shape but are tan. The chrome looks to be in good shape and he claims the rails are as well. He wants $400 for the pair plus shipping.

His number is 508-229-2411. He advertises in Mopar Collector's Guide magazine.

-
Back