Bucket seats.

-

Mike the pol

Reaction score
Howdy all. I'm pulling the original 225 slant/3 speed column and doing a 318/904 in my 68 barracuda notchback. Got a line on an auto floor console with shifter. The bench is in really poor shape and I figured needs to go to use the floor console. I'm having a really hard time locating bucket seats. Would anyone be willing to provide a little knowledge? I'm wondering what years and models used buckets that I could use. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Resized_20230623_165719_1704333913895.jpg

Resized_20230825_152914.jpg

66 and 67 A body use the same frame and backs / sides, I don't know about the slides.

67 ( maybe 66?) B body uses the same seat frame, the backs are different, the chrome at the top of the seat backs is wider. I believe the sides are the same as well. The slides are most likely not the same.

Since that's a 68 Barracuda and if you want to be correct...use 68-69 B body seats. The 66-67 will work, they just have a hard shell back and a little chrome trim strip. The rails however are a-body unique, ones from a 67 Barracuda (or Dart) WILL work as well. Just need to swap them. Regrettably no one (that I found) has reproduction bucket seat rails for the 67-69 a bodies. If you DO go from a bench to a bucket, don't forget to reinforce the seat mount points on the floorboards. If you just drill holes in the floor I suspect you MAY end up tearing the sheet metal over time. The factory reinforced that area.

Since that's a 68 Barracuda and if you want to be correct...use 68-69 B body seats. The 66-67 will work, they just have a hard shell back and a little chrome trim strip. The rails however are a-body unique, ones from a 67 Barracuda (or Dart) WILL work as well. Just need to swap them. Regrettably no one (that I found) has reproduction bucket seat rails for the 67-69 a bodies. If you DO go from a bench to a bucket, don't forget to reinforce the seat mount points on the floorboards. If you just drill holes in the floor I suspect you MAY end up tearing the sheet metal over time. The factory reinforced that area.
Thank you RhinoMan68! I had no idea the B body stuff would work. And yep, I planned on just drilling where I needed to and hadn't considered reinforcing the area. I really appreciate the help.

If you DO go from a bench to a bucket, don't forget to reinforce the seat mount points on the floorboards. If you just drill holes in the floor I suspect you MAY end up tearing the sheet metal over time. The factory reinforced that area.
@Mike the pol, RhinoMan68 is RIGHT!. Don't forget to reinforce those holes. You definitely cannot use the console with the bench seat. But trust me when I say that you will LOVE the buckets and console.

@Mike the pol, RhinoMan68 is RIGHT!. Don't forget to reinforce those holes. You definitely cannot use the console with the bench seat. But trust me when I say that you will LOVE the buckets and console.
Now I need to find them. There's a couple swap meets coming up around here so fingers crossed. Floors are pretty well rotten so I'm planning on a whole new pan. It all boils down to dollars.

Is the photo in post 1 your car?

Is the vin riveted to the drivers side door piller?
Good point! I don't see the 68 side markers or actually any badges on that fender...but the mirror is in the right spot for a 68! And the rear tail lights and trim are 68

I've been trying to figure those out with no success. The search continues.
Start a Parts Wanted thread. @318willrun put some nice aftermarket seats in his Mopar. He'll chime in and let us know what kind and may be a link to a thread or video about them.

Start a Parts Wanted thread. @318willrun put some nice aftermarket seats in his Mopar. He'll chime in and let us know what kind and may be a link to a thread or video about them.
We bought Procar Scat Seats and brackets. We are happy with them so far.
Here is the video

-
Back