Bucket Seats

-

68 Rat Rod

Reaction score
I have a pair of bucket seats from a 68 Dart that I want to install in my 68 Dart that has a bench seat. Can anyone tell me if the outside track on the bucket seat will bolt directly into the mounting holes that are on the floor that the bench seat was mounted to? And do I have to make a mount on the floor for the inside track of the bucket seat? Please help. Thank you. Gary

I have a pair of bucket seats from a 68 Dart that I want to install in my 68 Dart that has a bench seat. Can anyone tell me if the outside track on the bucket seat will bolt directly into the mounting holes that are on the floor that the bench seat was mounted to? And do I have to make a mount on the floor for the inside track of the bucket seat? Please help. Thank you. Gary

Your going to have to find a set of bucket seat tracks. Or you won't have adjustable seat tracks. And the inner tracks mount on the floor and you bench tracks mount at an angle on the out floor pan. The angle will be all wrong if you try and use the passenger side as a drivers side inside track. make sense?

Thanks for the reply, SGBARRACUDA. Mayby I wasn't clear as to what I am trying to do. I removed the bench seat and tracks. Now I want to install these 68 bucket seats where the bench seat was. I have the correct tracks for the bucket seats. What I want to know is what I have to do to bolt these bucket seats in. Remember, I have the bucket seat tracks. Thank you.

My 69 GTS came with a bench seat bolted in instead of the buckets. It was supposed to have buckets in there........so......I would say install the inner holes, and you should be good to go.
Daryl

The mounting holes from the bench aren't used I think. When you look at your floor you'll see the 8 factory "dimples" on the flat areas to mount the seats. you'll know when you see them. Just drill them out and buy or make some reinforcement plates for the holes and your done. Good luck.

If you have bucket seat tracks, you will need to drill holes to the inside of the existing holes. The floor pans are already dippled where you need to drill. Don't forget that you need to add reinforcing plates to the two inside holes closest to the hump.

Thanks for the reply, SGBARRACUDA. Mayby I wasn't clear as to what I am trying to do. I removed the bench seat and tracks. Now I want to install these 68 bucket seats where the bench seat was. I have the correct tracks for the bucket seats. What I want to know is what I have to do to bolt these bucket seats in. Remember, I have the bucket seat tracks. Thank you.

Oh i see now, that is what i just did to my 69 Dart. As stated the inner hole location will have dimples where you need to drill. Also as stated you need to add the little 3"x 4" reinforcement plates or the floor pan will crack. The swap is simple.

-
Back