budget duster.

-
The headers have to be sandblasted anyways for I have a few spots to tig weld yet. The plan is white fenderwells, hemi orange motor with gold moroso valve covers. I scored the covers at the Indy mopar swap meet a few weeks ago for 15 bucks.

Dude-I'm diggin your ride! I so want to work on my Scamp, but it's back in Texas. I was able to turn wrenches on my brothers car a couple weeks ago though. I'll keep an eye on this one too!

Cool build. If I had to do it over I would have went stocker big block 4 speed

havent made much progress lately, been buying and flipping other cars and working on my 87 w150. but i got the engine and trans out of the car and starting to get ready to smooth and clean up the firewall. also been trying to decide on what direction i want to go with the bottom end. ive been reading about alot of guys making decent power with low compression. either way i scored a new intake! offy dual quads. the carbs came with it but i probably wont use them. they are mismatched holley 600s.

Attachments

• 10154305_10203816465442752_1735115074580170941_n.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 260
The duel quads look good, why not throw a quick ring and bearing job in the 440 and get it running again?

thats the plan, along with a cam swap and some head work. i use to work at a machine shop and could do my own machining for free. but my old boss turned his machine room into a body prep room. so now i have to pay someone to machine my junk. originally i wanted to bore it if needed and add flattops. but the cost of a rebuild kit with pistons is more than i want to spend (in the process of saving for a house). so im leaning more towards the stock bottom end build and just focus on the top end. either way with a 2800 stall and 4.10 gears it`ll still be fun on the street.

My kind of build, high octane/low buck fun. Patience, saves SOOO much money.

Well, very slow progress. Bought a house and got engaged. Got my heads done. Just a slight milling and valve job with some pocket porting. Also had to enlarge the spring seats for the new springs. I'll post specs later. Bought a comp cams kit. I think its .517 lift and 272 duration if I remember correct. Got the block tore down and cleaned up. Got a basket case Volvo I have to fix for a friend befotevi start work again. I'll keep you guys posted. Still working on her. I told my soon to be ol' lady that we aren't getting married til the car runs. So she gave me a years deadline and she's been helping with cleaning and prep work. The goal is to drive off in it on our wedding day. Wish me luck!

This website won't allow me to upload pics of my cyl heads and block. I did order my gasket kit tonight. Also got my valve spring shims ordered. I'll keep trying to post pics up.

IMG_20141215_144918_zps58b59e60.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]...

Sorry for all of the posts. Could not get my phone to upload. Anyways I got the motor assembled. Next is the trans but it'll have to wait til I get my house painted and my cj8 s rambler sold.

Alright screw it. It won't load anymore pics but at least the motor pic is up. Stock bottom end steel crank 440 from a winnebago. Comp cams xtreme energy kit 525 lift cam. Heads been gasket match ported, milled, and guides been cut down for the dual springs and to allow for clearance between seal and rocker. Intake i might run is the low rise offy dual quad. Not sure yet tho. Still need carbs, distributor, alum. Front housing.

I just opened a photobucket account and use the image location to post pics.

cool rides and fun reading!!! ya know ya went from care free car guy to old married man with house payments!!!???? LOL! but we still love ya! keep us posted!!!!! ah youth!!!!

-
Back