Buff then paint????

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
I am buffing my Duster.If I want to touch up a few spots on the paint can I scuff and paint.Or should I use wax remover first? I am using buffing compound right now and not wax.

Thanks,Jim

Definetly make sure it's clean before you scuff sand it, otherwise you'll sand crap into the paint, no good.

Yep always use a wax'n silicone remover, scuff area to be blow'n in with 1000 grit, Need any help PM me i'll be happy to help.
Ed.

I will be using a small HVLP gun to touch up some small spots.I guess I should just buy some wax remover to be safe.

The car has the original 1971 paint on it.There are a few places I would like to touch up.I have not bought the paint yet.The touch up does not have to be perfect but there are a few spots where someone touched up with like brush on touch up paint,and I need to redo those spots.I think I am also going to paint the whole tail light panel.

Jim

The car has the original 1971 paint on it.There are a few places I would like to touch up.I have not bought the paint yet.The touch up does not have to be perfect but there are a few spots where someone touched up with like brush on touch up paint,and I need to redo those spots.I think I am also going to paint the whole tail light panel.

Jim
Man hard thing to do if your not a painter from the 70's.
Ed.

-
Back