Bug screen

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Anybody use a bug screen on there 67 barracuda? Where can you buy them, or are they a custom make item? Any info would be helpful. These are the ones I see on cars at shows and cruises.

Only one I ever saw was a guy used one in front of his radiator so he didn't have to clean the bugs out of the tiny fins. His was home made.

Trailer hitch installers usually have them. I have seen them from JC Whitney's. Also a good Auto Parts Store should have access to them through his hitch supplier. Have seen homemade fiber screens from hardware stores. Take your pick.

They ought to hand em out at the Saskatchewan border , can't go for more than an hour without covering the windshield and radiator both . Thanks now you got me thinking , a couple of frames shaped like the grills and some screen , I could hide it all behind the grills then pop em out at the gas station and hose em off while I fill up hmm.....

These are the ideas Im hunting for Im hoping someone makes themand sell them, Im not the greatest fabricater.

Screen blocks a lot more airflow than most people think.

Screen blocks a lot more airflow than most people think.

I was thinking that also. They may block air flow into the radiator and cause your car to run hot/overheat.

And if they get filled with bugs like in Saskatchewan, then it will block even MORE airflow....

thats why I'm thinking they need to be a] easy to remove and clean so it can be done in a couple of minutes with a hose at the gas station and b] mounted right behind the egg crates so they are invisible but not right against the rad itself , which is what gets clogged now so the temp thing is a moot point eh , having a gap for some air flow in front of the fins is better than having the fins full of bug guts and they are big suckers they goo right into the fins .

I use metal door screen from the hardware cut larger than the rad and hold them in place with magnets. Easy to remove and clean. Might cut down some air flow but better than plugging the fins.

-
Back