Bugs are nasty this year.

-

Frodee

Off center a bit
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know what kinda bugs you guys have to put up with but am tired of the flies around here this year. I can't open my garage door to air it out because my shop will be filled with flies, And if I open my windows with a screen for protection to air it out the fruit flies get in.
I don't like using chemical spray but my fly swatter can't keep up.

Skeeters & flies have been terrible around here in the last week or so.

It's a buggy year, Bifenthrin to the rescue. The crap under your sink and in your garage cabinet is more toxic.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWtMIy-fmQsJCtXYTpHDh6LELSMPOS0sAyKiWzKiAfFpBdiwtn.jpg
And No see ums

Are those the little F'rs that you hear buzzing your ears at night? a high pitched buzz that when stopped you know it landed in your ear? I used to sleep in the Philippine jungle with my undershirt wrapped around my head, sleeves pulled down and my extra socks over my hands. Only thing poking out would be my nose and my buddy told me there were 10 landed on that! Hate 'em.

Are those the little F'rs that you hear buzzing your ears at night? a high pitched buzz that when stopped you know it landed in your ear? I used to sleep in the Philippine jungle with my undershirt wrapped around my head, sleeves pulled down and my extra socks over my hands. Only thing poking out would be my nose and my buddy told me there were 10 landed on that! Hate 'em.
Thank GOD the bugs and mosquitoes haven`t been bad here the last couple of yrs.
They have been terrible in the past tho, think they cycle from yrs to yrs .

Thank GOD the bugs and mosquitoes haven`t been bad here the last couple of yrs.
They have been terrible in the past tho, think they cycle from yrs to yrs .
Or maybe they`ve all moved away forever !! LOL

I think they moved over here. lol
Hope they stay gone from here! For a long time we had the little black, with white spots mosquitoes, this yr. what few I`ve seen are the big brownish ones I grew up with. I`m not outside at night much anymore tho. Hate the dam things regardless!

Hope they stay gone from here! For a long time we had the little black, with white spots mosquitoes, this yr. what few I`ve seen are the big brownish ones I grew up with. I`m not outside at night much anymore tho. Hate the dam things regardless!
We only have the brown ones as far as I know, and me too I don't go out after dark much.
And driving at night is hard always stopping to scrape the bugs off the windshield.
Winter is too cold here and no bugs.

They aren’t just nasty this year, some of them are HUGE!

You don’t clean these guys off the windshield, they clean the windshield off of themselves...:D

B136F39A-2416-4E45-88D7-D639C72C6CA5.jpeg

They aren’t just nasty this year, some of them are HUGE!

You don’t clean these guys off the windshield, they clean the windshield off of themselves...:D

View attachment 1715222684
Yep that would make it a lot easier scrap the car and buy another.
Damn Ddaddy I am heading your way to the swap meet in Hershey soon will the bugs be gone by Oct. or do I need to bring a big *** bottle of Raid.

Yep that would make it a lot easier scrap the car and buy another.
Damn Ddaddy I am heading your way to the swap meet in Hershey soon will the bugs be gone by Oct. or do I need to bring a big *** bottle of Raid.
By October, most of the bugs will be gone...having been eaten by the silver spiders.

You can imagine what size the spiders are that eat those bugs.

Forget the Raid...bring a howitzer...

E824A13D-DBBB-4B65-B83A-1A2310C78EE3.jpeg

Looks better here than I thought I still get by with a fly swatter and a can of raid.
So gonna pack the car and take me a howitzer and a face mask when I leave the state and long pants and big boots and a shot gun for back up.
I'm already tired and haven't even packed the car yet!

Now I'm on spiders.
I'm not afraid of them and personally find them fascinating.

Leave it to the Ramones.

Probably one reason I love seeing orb spiders this time of the year is that it means they have grown big all summer and fall is approaching.
I HATE summer. HOT.

In memoriam.

Now I'm on spiders.
I'm not afraid of them and personally find them fascinating.

Leave it to the Ramones.

Probably one reason I love seeing orb spiders this time of the year is that it means they have grown big all summer and fall is approaching.
I HATE summer. HOT.

In memoriam.

Low 80s is all I can handle.

Try living with Love Bugs! Yeah Google that.
We got married on the beach in Fl. Setup was perfect. Went to get dressed, came back for the ceremony, SWARMED with Love Bugs, accidentally breathed in a couple, had to keep picking them out of my beer afterward, just about the time everyone was leaving, they disappeared.

Mosquitoes have been bad for me this year. Going to build bat houses over the winter & hope for spring occupancy.
Neighbor doesn’t pick up his dog ****, so flies have been bad too, these trap them by the thousands, but stink god awful, keep them back away from where you want to be. I hang them over near his property. I think we find them for about $5-6. Throw them in the trash in a week or 2

623CEC99-E18B-4C86-980F-EDD955EDEC6E.jpeg

-
Back