Build a 69 Barracuda Drag Car Cheap

-

jimharvard

JimHarvard
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
American Metal Direct in Georgia is finishing my M-Code Cuda and have finished with the 69 fastback body shell parts car i bought and sent to them for OEM parts for the M car.

the body shell i bought was from out West and has minimal rust. it also still has all the VIN numbers on it. AND, i have a title for the car, the original fender tag and the dash VIN plate.

AMD cut the floor pan, tubs and heavy frame members "drag car" components out of my M car and installed the OEM parts from the stripped body shell i sent them. all of this work can be seen on my post in General Discussion titled "My M-Code is finally getting worked on."

i told AMD to save all the parts they cut off my former drag car. i've posted most of the pictures of those parts here. because the body shell was in such good condition along with the fact that i have a title and all the original and correct VIN numbers for the body shell, i really don't want to just send this stuff to a yard somewhere to be crushed. someone with the time and some welding skills could put this car back together for a race car.

i am going to list the body shell and all the parts on ebay to see if i can find someone who wants to save this car. i'm going to list the minimum beginning bid price as $500.00.

the car and all the parts are at AMD in Cleveland, Georgia and would have to be picked up there. AMD does not want to get involved in any aspect of this sale other than showing a person where all the stuff is and telling them - "there it is, you load it up." because there are so many loose parts, an enclosed trailer would probably be best to transport this stuff.

when i bought the body shell from the owner in up-state New York, he sent me a LOT of parts with it that i did not use for the M car. there are almost enough parts to build an entire car. i will need some of those parts, but a LOT of them i will not. i'm wanting to just sell all the parts at AMD, but if someone really wants to build a "complete" car, we could talk about more parts.

the two pics of the underneath of the former M-Code drag car were provided to show the former construction of the drag car rear suspension. none of that suspension is available. here are the parts available now at AMD:

s-l1600.jpg

front of parts car.jpg

remainder of parts car.jpg

7D319D56-A40E-419D-83D2-B0C4803BA080.jpg

E5A07BB9-1B13-4FAC-BDFA-8718C283BEBD.jpg

yellow car floor tubs.jpg

removed quarters yellow car.jpg

a current pic5.jpg

a current pic6.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear the M code is getting back together!! When do think it will be ready for paint? Someone could definitely use the old drag parts

AMD is VERY anxious to get my car done because they've had it for over a year!

craig sent me an email today saying that it will probably be done with it in 2 weeks. once i get it back to my house in pittsburgh, it will probably take another couple of weeks to finish the body work. then i'll be looking for the motor and trans. my plan is to have the car finished before summer is over so i can get some "440 4speed" cruising in before winter comes again.

i do hope i can sell the body shell and the drag parts so someone can save that car. i will not have the time to mess with it as i will be spending all my time finishing the other car. but i think someone could do a drag car pretty cheap if they knew how to weld and wanted a summer project.

-
Back