"Build Sheet."

-

circlepilot

Reaction score
I hope to soon start the restoration on my newly acquired 65 Barracuda. As best I can tell, the car is totally stock, un-touched. The only non-factory item in the car is a Radio Shack "Archer FM converter." I've seen several references to finding a "build sheet."
Where in the car (if there is one) would you might find one? The first thing I'm planning to do is gut the interior and if a build sheet is tucked away some where, I don't want to damage it.
Norm

Never found mine.

Nice reference:

http://maxwedge.com/articles/broadcast.php

Also the Chrysler Historical Society may have the microfilm of the original IBM card known as the Build Record. The build sheet is one of the first things manufactured off of this card. Pre-68 this may be another option.

Contact info from:

http://maxwedge.com/research/cchist.php

I was able to get a copy of the microfilm of the IBM card, decode, letter and certificate from the society which also indicated the dealer.

http://maxwedge.com/research/cchist.php

My dealer was Marked Tree Motors, Marked Tree, AR. Still trying to figure out the original buyer. St. Louis, MO plant built.

Good luck with the search! Sometimes taped to back of glove box, (you can reach around).

It's very likely you'll find your build sheet under the rear seat
cushion between the seat material and springs. This is
where I found the build sheet in my '69 Charger R/T.
It's also fun to decode the fender tag, print it out and keep it with
you car's "history" binder.

Tom

I found 2 in my 66 Valiant, rear seat and one taped to the back side of the glove box liner inside the dash.

Found the build sheet under the back seat bottom. Prior to finding it I found a chocolate bar wrapper placed in a similar fashion between the springs and foam cushion, under the passenger side bucket seat. I got pretty excited when I felt it under there thinking it was the build sheet! The chocolate is from Holland and is priced at only 10 cents. Seems like a story I heard about factory workers hiding trash vs. throwing it into the trash.

Found the build sheet under the back seat bottom. Prior to finding it I found a chocolate bar wrapper placed in a similar fashion between the springs and foam cushion, under the passenger side bucket seat. I got pretty excited when I felt it under there thinking it was the build sheet! The chocolate is from Holland and is priced at only 10 cents. Seems like a story I heard about factory workers hiding trash vs. throwing it into the trash.[/QUOT

I bet that is exactly how that wrapper got there.

Check in the front seat springs & under the carpet also. You may find as many as five broadcast sheets, but they do not always match the car they are found in.

Back seat, back of front seats, behind glove box, under carpet, under head liner. That's the only places I have found them. Any one find one any place else ?

Found the build sheet under the back seat bottom. Prior to finding it I found a chocolate bar wrapper placed in a similar fashion between the springs and foam cushion, under the passenger side bucket seat. I got pretty excited when I felt it under there thinking it was the build sheet! The chocolate is from Holland and is priced at only 10 cents. Seems like a story I heard about factory workers hiding trash vs. throwing it into the trash.
Holland michigan, or holland, the Netherlands?

I found mine on the top half of the back seat. I don't know of this is true or not, but I read somewhere on a forum that cars from the Canadian Windsor factory out most of their build sheets on the top half of the back seat between the springs. Not sure if that's true but it's where I found mine (and my Dart came from the Windsor plant). I also found the remnants of another build sheet under the back half of my original carpet.

My 67 Barracuda had it under the back seat under the springs.

inside of front seat backs on bucket seat cars is a common place also.
Lon;

-
Back