Build your own console.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Lately I have been getting several requests on the price and what it takes for me to build a center console like the one I built for my car.
It takes me about 20 -40 hours depending and usually costs about $425 plus shipping if bare wood, add $125 padded and covered.

It is pricey but cheap considering the labor involved.

Here is a link on how I did it on my first attempt for those of you that may want to tackle such an undertaking.

In all honesty after the cardboard mock up is made, you transfer the pieces to wood, cut it out , fit, assemble and sand then you are ready to take it to the upholstery guy.
The pictures are self explanatory and can be done if you have half decent woodworking skills.
I use 1/2" sandable furniture grade plywood not the crappy saw dust board that guys make speaker cabinets out of...too messy and not good for this type of structure....this plywood will last forever and I brace them throughout to keep them rigid.

I've built several for members here and other car forums and each one gets better than the last.
Keep in mind this was my first attempt at anything like this so if I can do it anyone can.

Here is the link on my how to build your own console and trunk panels....enjoy.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=133702

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Nice work! Really good info there. Doesn't look hard, but I bet it takes a lot more time and effort than most might think.

Especially to get it to look this good! (pictures of spaz's build and finished console)

console7.jpg

console8.jpg

templates.jpg

1-8.jpg

roughcomplete.jpg

console1.jpg

console9-1.jpg

-
Back