Building a custom rear package tray speaker cover for 1967-69 cuda notch (with pics)

-

slz1973

Reaction score
I have built a custom rear window package tray speaker cover for my 1969 Cuda 340 Notchback. The one I originally used had holes cut out for speakers and was falling apart. I wanted to try something custom. Here is what I did, step by step, with pics for reference: http://www.z-mods.com/zmodscuda/rearpackagetray.html

Let me know what you think. Thanks, Steve Z

There are synthetic fabrics today that are UV stable and can be used there. If that is a standard cotton towel the sun will eat it up and fill your car with lint.
Just the voice of experience.

Yep, that is an actual beach towel used in this application. I chose this due to the pattern and it is what I had readily available for this prototype. Thanks for the advice. Definitely important to keep in mind the materials used for longevity and ease of maintenance.

Steve Z

Made mine with $10 Lowes composite board and $12 piece of black vinyl from fabric shop. Had enough material to make a trunk divider also.

Much cheaper than reproduction one plus the shipping cost. $$$

Made mine with $10 Lowes composite board and $12 piece of black vinyl from fabric shop. Had enough material to make a trunk divider also.

Much cheaper than reproduction one plus the shipping cost. $$$

I used the exact same materials in my '68 Fury. Turned out great.

-
Back