Building a model Scamp

-

72Plymouth

Reaction score
Just got a Scamp from Bandit Resins! I still need to buy a model Dart kit to complete it.

I started to modify the body by sanding off the trim along the lower sides of the car and also the rear side parking lights. Then I need to fill the lights on the front fenders.

Attachments

• IMG_1808.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1810.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 419
does the Kit come with chrome? grille and rear bumper?

Yeah but everything is the same color resin. It came with the body, hood, front bumper and extension, rear bumper and lights.

I ordered an extra hood in case I put a scoop on and paint it black.

Thats cool. Did not know any one made a Scamp kit. I want to do a 70 Dart and will have to go resin too. How much did it cost?

Nice!!I bought a resin Demon 2 yrs ago I have yet to get started on(costed me like $40)I have like stacks of models I have yet to even get started on,lol.make sure you wash the resin good to remove the mold release agent.There is a paint called Alclad that really resembles chrome .You apply it by airbrush.Its not a full on shiny chrome,but its alot better than spray paint chrome and cheaper than sending them out to get plated.The best donor kit for that Scamp is the AMT 71 Duster 340.Cant wait to see it built!:cheers:

Yeah the Scamp kit is $40 too. I have the Duster 340 model too but there are some differences. I would need the dart back window, etc still. Thanks for the chrome tip.

Just bought this Dart kit to use for the Scamp. Hope this one works.

Attachments

• IMG_1842.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 318
Yeah but everything is the same color resin. It came with the body, hood, front bumper and extension, rear bumper and lights.

I ordered an extra hood in case I put a scoop on and paint it black.

You might be able to send out parts for chroming! Seems I seen something once where a company would chrome model car parts!

Would be cool if there was a forum just for model cars "moparmodelkitsonly"! buy, sell, trade parts and kits! since winter is on its way I might make the wife mad and pull all my kits out and build again!

You might be able to send out parts for chroming! Seems I seen something once where a company would chrome model car parts!

O nice, or a paint that is like chrome. The one I saw was expensive tho. I have a chrome front duster bumper from another kit I might use.

I'm buildin a scamp model too. But I'll be able to drive mine when finished.

Nice! I have a few mopars I made and will take some pics. Here is a display I made a while back. I had the mustang on at the time. I made a few drag strip displays too.

-
Back