Building a set of W2 heads

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Hi, I am building a set of w2s and am wondering if I should run the stock size 3/8 diameter or go to the 11/32. For a motor that will not see more than 7200 rpm is there much gain for cost on the smaller diameter valve.

If you havent bought valves yet, and we know those guides probably need adjusting anyways, get the 11/32 valves. Make sure what length you need, long valve heads or stock ?

If they are stock valve length heads, use +.100 over stock chevy length.
If they are long valve heads, talk to a sales rep and let them know.
They are a lighter nail head design that doesnt impede flow as =much as the fat 3/8 stem does.

Install some 11/32" bronze guide liners in your guides and get some valves from Ferrea or Manley in a 5.300" length for a Chevy. Now you have some choice and life is easier. J.Rob

I have a full set of Ferrea 2.08 intake and 1.6 exhaust valves used for a few 1/4 mile runs, all 5.3 inch length with 11/32 stems. My W2 castings turned out to be junk. Also comp beehive springs, Ti retainers, and locks. Let me know if you are interested. I am located in Idaho.

OK been searching the Manley and Ferrea site cant find a 2.02 11/32 5.30 valve. Anyone have a part number. Went through all the different type valves nothing close.

-
Back