Building the new Dart Sport model

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I have been looking, but only found a 75 model. It will have to do. I bought some mixable paint at the local hobby store along with a sprayer. It has a small block and a Hemi option for the motor, so I stayed faithful to my small block. It also has a dual snorkel hood scoop like mine. I spent the day cutting, painting and gluing. I still have to color sand and clear the body, then assemble the whole mess.

View attachment Model Hemi orange.jpg

View attachment Model engine dressed up.jpg

View attachment Model engine dressed up 1.jpg

View attachment Model messy desk.jpg

View attachment Model color.jpg

Air brushed? Looks GREAT, what ya do mix Testors Sublime, and some of there "green" to make that color a tad darker?

Engine you used looks to have been the 273, correct? I too am going ot be building one of these for a fellow forum member but the one i got that he sent me has a choice of engines in it.....Sadly, neither engine the kit came with is the right one to make a model of his real car!

Just wondering on your kit......Which one you got as there really are 2 of them named differently, BUT, sold under the Dodge Dart box markings.....

I don't know what motor it is. I'm going to say 408 stroker because that's what I have. I bought the paint at a hobby store. It was sublime and yellow mixed together. It dried much smoother. I may not need to color sand. I also couldn't make the headers work with the small block, so I had to use the stock manifolds. I found that chrome paint works well for the exhaust. It isn't chrome, but looks like real exhaust.

This is the one he has (I can see the box in the background... I have several of these in the stash. It's a nice kit.)

http://www.round2models.com/models/mpc/dodge-dart

Thats the kit I got to make one of our own Forum members cars with! I opened the box to see what the kit has in it and what I may need to add or remove in order to make the members REAL car in model form. Turns out, I need to replace both engine choices, but thats OK, they became "spares" and he told me to add them to my stash to see them used else where as the honest thing was to offer them to him, but hes not a model builder and admits that so......No problem, for what he done for me, this will be a "replica" when I'm done with it!

I don't know what motor it is. I'm going to say 408 stroker because that's what I have. I bought the paint at a hobby store. It was sublime and yellow mixed together. It dried much smoother. I may not need to color sand. I also couldn't make the headers work with the small block, so I had to use the stock manifolds. I found that chrome paint works well for the exhaust. It isn't chrome, but looks like real exhaust.

Sadly, the engine that came with the kit, looks more like a 273 then anything was/had a look all to their own the 273 did.....BUT its a small block no less..... 408, wasn't that a stroked 360? I'll be making something VERY close the same as what your lookin for! (I actually mold my own parts for such things too)

This kit also came with a Hemi as well, not a well detailed one, but not the worst I've seen either....

The hardest part I have is the kits Hemi valve covers.....They took a wrinkle finish set, and chromed over the "wrinkle"... just does not look right to me! I'll be stripping the chrome and that will be done in black when I get to using them! :glasses7:

-
Back