Buildsheet

-

Cuda7780

Reaction score
Any know if I can get a build sheet for my 67 barracuda anywhere. The fendertag is missing. It may be a formula s but I'm not sure.

Only if someone has found one for it & reported it somewhere.

Its (E) high performance 273.
That "may" be a Formula-S
If it was a 383 it would be but not all Commando 273 were.
The Formula-S was a handling package but could be had on no Formula-S

Does your car have the badges? (easily added)

Alan

That "may" be a Formula-S
If it was a 383 it would be but not all Commando 273 were.
The Formula-S was a handling package but could be had on no Formula-S

Does your car have the badges? (easily added)

Alan
Yes it does. It has front disc brakes too does that matter

Fake documentation is worthless & it ruins the owners & the cars reputation.

I heard you can get one from mopar with vin# is this true
Chrysler Historical has some records for 67, it has some of the information on the build sheet and most (if not all) the info on the data tag.

Alan

Google Chrysler Historical.
Fill out their form, mail it in, and in a few weeks you'll get a photo copy of your build card and the name of the dealer your car was shipped to from the factory.
I did it a year ago and they sent me back their $50 fee, saying all they provided now was a IBM build card.
The build card will give you all the options your car was built with including if it is a Formula S

Google Chrysler Historical.
Fill out their form, mail it in, and in a few weeks you'll get a photo copy of your build card and the name of the dealer your car was shipped to from the factory.
I did it a year ago and they sent me back their $50 fee, saying all they provided now was a IBM build card.
The build card will give you all the options your car was built with including if it is a Formula S
Thanks

Can I assume you checked the typical spots in your car for the build sheet?
Back of rear seat
Behind glove box
Under carpet
Under front bucket seat bottom or back
Some have even been found under head liner. Not that you want to tear out a good headliner.
No insult intended.

I heard you can get one from mopar with vin# is this true

Not true at all as far as broadcast sheets go.

For 1967 cars & back they can provide a copy of the IBM card from their microfiche records though.

For 1967 cars & back they can provide a copy of the IBM card from their microfiche records though.

Do I understand you to say ‘67 and earlier build sheets weren’t used?

'build sheets' were not used.

They were called broadcast sheets & had some other names over the years, but never 'build sheets'.

As one other example.....

The oldest versions I have seen so far are from 1948 & were referred to then as a 'Order specification & building record'.

Last edited:
Can I assume you checked the typical spots in your car for the build sheet?
Back of rear seat
Behind glove box
Under carpet
Under front bucket seat bottom or back
Some have even been found under head liner. Not that you want to tear out a good headliner.
No insult intended.
I will be putting new carpet in this weekend thats the last spot to check

'build sheets' were not used.

They were called broadcast sheets & had some other names over the years, but never 'build sheets'.

As one other example.....

The oldest versions I have seen so far are from 1948 & were referred to then as a 'Order specification & building record'.

I didn’t know that. Thanks for sharing!

-
Back