Built a battery box

-

dart360swinger

Boosted
Reaction score
I've been trying to get the car ready to pass tech at the track. I finished building the battery box yesterday. Here's a couple pics...

Jake

DSCN0284.JPG

DSCN0289.JPG

Nice work.Sorry for the dumb question but is that aluminum?8) On second thought I looked again and it is,duh.

To pass tech it needs to be sealed (lid and battery cable holes) and vented to outside, unless you have a firewall built behind the seat and under the package tray (don't know what the min. thicknesses are for aluminum and steel though).

Unless dart360swinger has a firewall, that box is not currently legal.

Moroso makes a nice poly box that is NHRA legal. Taylor makes a nice aluminum one.

You also have to have a switch if the battery has been relocated.

so if there is a firewall no battery box is needed?? whats the deal with a fuel cell?? remember reading something about them in the rule book, but don't remember what i read....

To pass tech it needs to be sealed (lid and battery cable holes) and vented to outside, unless you have a firewall built behind the seat and under the package tray (don't know what the min. thicknesses are for aluminum and steel though).

Unless dart360swinger has a firewall, that box is not currently legal.

Moroso makes a nice poly box that is NHRA legal. Taylor makes a nice aluminum one.

You also have to have a switch if the battery has been relocated.

.024 steel, .032 aluminum. I still have to vent it outside the body, and seal up the the opening where the cable comes in. I already have a kill switch. That should be it to pass...? I read the rule book a few times and thats all it says about it.

-
Back