Built me a new tool

-
I'm developing a plan haha. I'm thinking about making the frame out of some 2x4s and reinforcing it with some metal brackets it will be a one time use thing for me so as long as its sturdy enough to hold the kframe and put some wheel barrel wheels on it . I actually just found some wheels at HF I just ordered them 23 bucks for all four! Jackpot!

Just a suggestion, those specific HF tires don't have much tolerance for weather. If you have to store it outdoors, take the tires off and store them inside. My HF hand truck has those tires and sunlight ruins 'em.

View attachment 1715519615

How much weight do they hold per tire? TBH, i dont think it's very much. I think trying to put a K frame with engine and trans on these is going to be too much for them. My wagon that has 4 of these very wheels I have loaded with 100 lb bags of blast media, it could barely hold the weight on one 100LB bag of glass media. Your going to ask them to carry about 900 lbs

300 lbs per tire disruputed over 4 tires 1200 lbs
I wish you the best with that. I have had some experience with those tires. 300 lbs per tire is a china freight pipedream. Definitely get em foam filled. Mine were fresh new replacements and it was a strain for 4 of em on a wagon to pull and carry a single100 lb bag of glass bead.

I wish you the best with that. I have had some experience with those tires. 300 lbs per tire is a china freight pipedream. Definitely get em foam filled. Mine were fresh new replacements and it was a strain for 4 of em on a wagon to pull and carry a single100 lb bag of glass bead.
Idk that's just what it says in there website. I only gotta move it 5 foot tops I think it will work

That would never fly, here, LOL. You have to have the "off road flotation tires," here LMAO

IMG_0168cs_zpsmnb4rnk8.jpg

IMG_0174cs_zpsamfiai6e.jpg
I'm developing a plan haha. I'm thinking about making the frame out of some 2x4s and reinforcing it with some metal brackets it will be a one time use thing for me so as long as its sturdy enough to hold the kframe and put some wheel barrel wheels on it . I actually just found some wheels at HF I just ordered them 23 bucks for all four! Jackpot!

View attachment 1715519615
I added those very tires to my engine stands... Just for temporary use, i slipped a couple lengths of 5/8 rod through the tube on on end, through the holes in the caster wheels on the other, drilled holes for cotter pins to keep tires in place. Is a lil wonky but when i moved, I almost died trying to get 2 big blocks across 20 yards of gravel...

I added those very tires to my engine stands... Just for temporary use, i slipped a couple lengths of 5/8 rod through the tube on on end, through the holes in the caster wheels on the other, drilled holes for cotter pins to keep tires in place. Is a lil wonky but when i moved, I almost died trying to get 2 big blocks across 20 yards of gravel...
Yea I changed my plan around a little instead of dropping the kframe I'm gonna use those wheels for my hoist and take it in from the top

Yea I changed my plan around a little instead of dropping the kframe I'm gonna use those wheels for my hoist and take it in from the top

Different slightly different approach. I like the OP's design better for storage but this will probably be a used one and done. With prices of metal so high I found this on CL for cheap. A little cut and weld. Rattle canned to store outside.

IMG_20220302_141019_hdr.jpg

IMG_20220305_131630_hdr.jpg

IMG_20220306_144043_hdr.jpg

IMG_20220310_151248_hdr.jpg

-
Back