Built myself a new coffee table!!

-
I wish I had taken pictures of my red ram hemi chrome valve covers that I made into wall clocks and sold at a garage sasle 20 years ago.

Speaking of clocks I made this one about 15 yrs ago and still use it. I had my cousin (the same one that painted the wagon) trim the out 2 inches or so off of the lid for that "open element" performance look. I had this on a 1982 Cordoba along with a custom made dual snorkel base (which I still have in the shed), I kept these items when I sold the car. They might eventually find the way onto the slant 6 in my Volare some day.

:cheers: Thanks again to everybody for the compliments & for sharing your own ideas & projects:burnout:

Attachments

• 100_2943.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 79
Those are sweet how did you attach the lamp to the cam?

I bought an old table lamp from the Salvation Army store that had a wooden stand & a marble base. I dismantled the lamp & found it had the tube for the cord running down through it, this tube is the one I used on my lamp. The tube had the bulb socket mounted to it so I bent the tube in a couple places to center the shade over the cam and welded the tube to the cam. The cam gear is bolted to the cam using modified bolts (the heads are ground very thin) allowing the lamp to sit flat & stable. The cam & gear cam out of the scrap pile at a local wrecking yard & as mentioned the lamp parts are also recycled. Total cost in this lamp was under $10. Cost to the environment priceless8-)

-
Back