Built myself a new coffee table!!

-

dodgefreak73

Reaction score
I built a new coffee table:coffee2: for the living room on the weekend! I scored a damaged 20 inch Ram wheel from work a couple months ago as well as a front wheel bearing and the wheel nuts. The table rotates on the wheel bearing as well as the base that it was mounted to, it is also adjustable for height as well depending on how high it needs to be to work with the other furniture. The base is an office chair base modified slightly and the wheel bearing is welded to the plate the the seat cushion was on. In the background of a couple of the pics is the lamp that I built a few months ago using a camshaft and cam gear. I enjoy doing this kind of stuff whenever I can.

Attachments

• 100_2932.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 545
  • 100_2931.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 561
  • 100_2926.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 546
  • 100_2933.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 561
I think the table and the lamp looks awesome, I'd put them both in my living room!

In my shop for years I had a weld racing rim and tire with lexan but I now moved up to a 440 block held up by intake valves and the lexan is held up with rods and pistons,looks very cool,

Thanks everyone!!:cheers: I'm very fortunate to have a Wife that not only understands but shares & supports my interest in anything automotive, she is a great woman:angel10:. This is our other coffee table it is a real vintage Radio Flyer wagon & it's painted with base/clear & yes that is FC7 "Plum Crazy" purple flames on it. I've got way too much money into this one, but it was painted by my cousin who was also a best friend who has since passed on so this is a bit of a tribute to him.

Attachments

• wagon1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 450
  • wagon2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 461
:cheers: Wow! Creativity at it's best, and time well spent :cheers:

I got a little creative one night :eek:ops:

Attachments

• anniversary 33 for us 036.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 432
nice work man. anything that you build with your own two hands is going to be better that the crap you can buy at ikea. here are a few of the pieces i built.

SSPX0096.jpg

SSPX0102.jpg

SSPX0176.jpg

bed2.jpg

If it was a rallie wheel or a magnum 500 it would be even cooler!

This sorta goes with the theme as well... Not the best photo, but this is displayed in my brother in laws dining room! 'Course he is a bachelor, but ain't that a purdy big block? (Where the dining room table should be)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 355
This sorta goes with the theme as well... Not the best photo, but this is displayed in my brother in laws dining room! 'Course he is a bachelor, but ain't that a purdy big block? (Where the dining room table should be)

I like it! ;) I don't think I'd get away with that even as much as my Wife does like the hobby. Plus I'd rather have that in a body rather than the dining room, but still very cool..

If it was a rallie wheel or a magnum 500 it would be even cooler!

I had a Rallye wheel here that I could've used but felt it was too small for what I wanted. The 20 inch wheel was damaged & slated for scrap so I grabbed it from work. I didn't want too much glass sticking out past the edge of the wheel, plus it kept this wheel from being turned into Tuner/Jap parts. :blob:

I wish I had taken pictures of my red ram hemi chrome valve covers that I made into wall clocks and sold at a garage sasle 20 years ago.

-
Back