Bulb socket for dome light?

-

DrCharles

Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for a socket (and bulb) that will fit my '72 Swinger's dome light?
I have a good chrome base and plastic lens, just need the bulb socket itself. Not having much luck searching. Thanks.

Got tired of searching unsuccessfully... so I mounted the socket formerly used in the steering column on a 1/4" standoff insulator. The return wire is soldered to the socket stamping.

I even had a suitable #431 bulb handy (3.5 watts) that fits the miniature bayonet socket, close enough to original dome light specs! :)

Edit: The original #67 bulb with the larger bayonet base is almost 8 watts. No wonder so many dome light covers are brownish in the middle. A #1414 is 6.44 watts and should work just fine with my socket, too

Last edited:
I'm surprised that if you had to go to all that you didn't put an LED in there. Sorry, I have no concrete suggestions on how to go, there

It's not hard to remove the incandescent bulb and replace it with an LED at some later date... doesn't even require tools :rolleyes:

Besides, I don't plan to be using the car at night much if at all. More like a "Saturday afternoon special" :)

-
Back