Bulkhead connector block

-

duster360

Reaction score
I think the bulkhead block where all my electrical connections coming through the firewall is going bad. Just recently started driving the car a little and now when I hit the brake pedal one of the front parking lights comes on. Instrument cluster lights don't come on when the light switch is pulled, but when I pull the emergency handle they come on and the further I pull it the brighter they get. Gas gauge is new and and worked fine but now when I hit the brake pedal it will go to full, let off and it goes to empty. Does anone reproduce these bulkhead connectors for a 67 Dart. If not is there a better fix than just replacing it with another factory one?

You can pull out the connectors and clean them real good w/ some elec. cleaner and a soft brush then pack 'em w/ some electrical grease and see what happens. Engine side is easier to do...dash side not so much. But it may help. I'd also start looking into easy checks like...fuses? Any blown? Flip over the fuse box and check the connections there...all present and accounted for? Also check the headlight switch! I'm having some issues w/ everything working but parking (front) and running (rear) lights on my car when I pull the switch out. Sounds like possibly a bad ground or wire shorting out somewhere. Check the wiring you can get to and see if it's shorting out/frayed anywhere...?

just some suggestions. Good luck! As far as reproduction bulkhead connectors, I'm not sure. But cutting/replacing them from the start sounds like a pain and it may not solve the problem! Just my $.02....

I have been hunting for a while now and have not found a souce for the plug. I think Year One or someone sells them for a select few models.......

-
Back