Bulkhead Connector Help

-

heyitruns

Reaction score
Finally chased all the gremlins in my electrical system to an almost completely rotted and rusted firewall connector, anyone know someone who makes a replacement? Found all sorts of connectors online, but if I could find one that matches the original, or is even a similar shape and size, that'd be perfect.

you can pull out the old wires and replace them use small flat scredriver on leading edge of spade male connector they just clip in place and pull old junk out do it one at a time or label everything you can buy the metal connector online they are called packard 56 series or just drill thru and hardwire them all

They sell replacement gaskets and the plugs that plug into the unit, but not the actual unit that sits in the firewall.

i'll see if i can pull it off iggy, but the foam/rubber crap that holds all the connectors separate is completely rotted out to, i think some of the circuits are getting close enough to touch or arc and its making everything that uses power act up and/or die unexpectedly.

what year and model and like i was saying earlier i was told of a trick where you just drill through the existing unit and hard wire i believe you can remove the whole thing from fire wall in one piece to make it easier like i said i had same problem and it is very common but i am a novice mechanic i was just relating my experiences with this good luck i am confident you will get all your info as this is a great bunch of folks that dont mind helping out

its a 67 Dart. after thinking about it for a couple days i realized something, I'm not exactly sure why I need a disconnect, I'm not going to be doing body swaps every other week or anything crazy where I would need to section off my electrical, so unless someone on here knows of a good reason to keep it, i'm gonna use iggy's idea, remove the unit, and wire it together permanently

-
Back