bullit wheels

-

Duster708

Reaction score
I no there is a big forum on this topic already but I was wondering if there was a way to run the 17 or 18x9 bullit wheels on a 73 up a body front end with out spacers.
For those of u who r wondering the car is a duster and has the andy f viper kit for the front with 11.75 b rotors

I was following that thread for quite some time. Id guess the answer is in there. That and a lot of other info that may very well be pertinent to other areas you may not realize right off hand. :) Its a long read but its a good read if you are going to run those wheels.

"Depends on your rear axle." "Depends on WHICH Bullit wheels."

1.....Some rear axles are a bit wider. I'm told some B body axles can be used

2.....Not all Bullit wheels are made the same Near as I can tell the EARLY wheels WITH THE valve stem "cutting into" the polished outer rim are offset a bit "outwards" compared to the "later" wheels......

which have the valve stem "up in the black (grey)" and do NOT cut into the polished rim

Do a search here

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=237684

Ok I will b getting thw 99-04 wheels I have hotchkiss tvs so all will b hiem joints. Rear end is a body 8 3/4 so I no I need a spacer there however I do not want to run 1 on the front just curious if any1 turned there wheels down on the front so they can put it on the rotors straight on.
was looking at american muscles websight

Never hurts to try, get a set and see whats up! Worse comes to worse you need some small spacers, big deal.

just curious if any1 turned there wheels down on the front so they can put it on the rotors straight on.

I have no idea whut all this is supposed to mean. These wheels are inset too far to the INSIDE not outwards

I heard that people punched out the hub bore to fit over the rotors and run without spacers is this true?

The hub center on the ford wheels is too small for the larger mopar rotors on the front of my car. Had to enlarge the hole to get it to seat on the 11 3/4" rotor.

Attachments

• 20130426_164112.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 342
^^That's true but you are still running spacers, are you not? I believe those are the early wheels which actually are (out) spaced a bit more.

No, the offset is still to deep towards the tie-rods. Those that have ran these rims say 5.3-5.4 is what you need to clear everything.

I no there is a big forum on this topic already but I was wondering if there was a way to run the 17 or 18x9 bullit wheels on a 73 up a body front end with out spacers.
For those of u who r wondering the car is a duster and has the andy f viper kit for the front with 11.75 b rotors

Presently, I will be running 17 inch mustang gt rims (not bullet) with spacers....I know others are doing the same...I have read some have gone larger..

65cuda what size wheel is that 17x8 or 9. And what issue are you having does it hit the tie rod end?

What is the issue with running spacers? ASre you just looking to save money?

Also, I thought the 73 and up disc setup was slightly wider thah the pre 73? COudl be wrong on that.

If you need spacers, you need spacers, it's not a bad thing. If your trying to save money, the best bet is to look on craigslist for 17" mustang rims 94-09', take-off's appear at least once a week.

I have 73 up spindles and 11 3/4" B rotors. The rims are 17"X9". I never measured the backspace. The tires are 245/45/17. I don't have any spacers. Everything clears. The O.P. has a later car.

Ok I will b getting thw 99-04 wheels I have hotchkiss tvs so all will b hiem joints. Rear end is a body 8 3/4 so I no I need a spacer there however I do not want to run 1 on the front just curious if any1 turned there wheels down on the front so they can put it on the rotors straight on.

I hogged out the center registers in front when I ran the cobra wheels, and used right angle zirks on the upper control arms for clearance. When I went to 18x8.75s I had the rotor snout turned down so not to muck-up brand new wheels.
You mentioned that you use Andy's front brake set-up but didn't say which one. His early Viper/11.75 rotor kits used drum brake spindles which will give you a narrower track and improve clearance. If they are later disc spindles, your tires and fender lips may be keeping company more than you would want.
I'm currently running 18x8.75" wheels with 6.25 backspace and +35 offset all around. 245/40x18 front, 255/40x18 rear on a lowered `67 Valiant, no rubs.
fabo member Wracks has intimate experience with the set-up that you're looking at. He's running an RMS front end now, but he could provide you with some great insight about what will work for your application. aloha- pauly

-
Back