Bullitt Chase w/map!

-
.... or the 11 hub caps the Charger looses.

Still a great chase scene. 8)

OK, those are some skinny bias plys on that Charger.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think they sped up the film for these scenes.
The Charger driver is kool as a cucumber throwing that 4,000 lbs around!

I have a feeling this may turn into a kool chase scene thread, and I could mention a few, but it actually reminded me of Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry- the non-Mopar, I have never seen the jump of that Impala over the bridge repeated, it is too real and absolutely crazy to think someone was driving that thing.

That was cool, I love that chase scene. It`s got to still be one of the best on film. The original Gone in 60 Seconds is way cool too but the entire movie is a chase scene. :D

I've seen that chase a million times and it's good every time.I saw the movie at the theatre when it first came out.It was incredible then.8)

I still say Bullit was the best ever!! Do you think the Mustang in "Gone In Sixty Seconds" would have lasted that long without many stops to repair it so it could go on?

bullit at last years cruise. it was cool!

Cool_desert_Nights_09_013[1].jpg

Cool_desert_Nights_09_005[1].jpg

say what you want about it not being a Mopar, but I think this is the beast chase scene ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-TlxADdA4

H. B. Halicki sure hated mopars! He killed enough of them in that movie LOL I remember when I was about 8 me and a friend tried to count all the cars that were trashed in that movie and we lost count well after 200. It was way better than that pile of crap that Nicholas Cage was in!

The Mopar had a locker and the mustang was a peg leg. One way to make a Ford burnout look better to the non-mechanically inclined. :)

the original Eleanor is still around...somebody made the comment about it needing repairs to keep running, come on man, give me a break, the car was tortured.....i seriously doubt ANY car would have survived that without needing some work to keep running.....

Denice%20driving%20Eleanor.jpg

A guy at work was there when they filmed that chase. He said they drove right by his mothers house and he was outside watching them go by.

Bullitt, Gone in 60 Seconds, The Junkman, The Seven Ups, French Connection, The Hunter, The Driver, gotta love the warehouse chase scene. All great movies.

There is a great article on the chase in French Connection, they sped up a few scenes, but most of it was at speed, and real accidents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/22/movies/homevideo/22dave.html?_r=1

Same with Gone in 60 Seconds, i saw the documentary on that.

It was filmed without permission on the freeways, that accident on the bridge was staged, and someone called the Fire Dept to get that footage, and the part where he spins out on the freeway, and hits the pole wasnt planned, he really got hurt. The chase in the Cadillac dealer was goofed too, when the car runs into the front line, they went to fast, the movie company owned the first two cars, but they ended up damaging 4.

If you ever see a movie called Jade, at the video store, and read the back, it says its got a car chase that equals the classic Bullitt, Ha, its a chase between a 90's Taurus and a Thunderbird, you can tell they had to use a few of them, its filmed in San Francisco and they beat the heck out of them.

-
Back