Bullitt returns to the big screen

-
Cool, I will try to see it.
I remember a quote from somebody on the original film, they had to do alot of mods to the Ford, to keep up with a stock Charger.

Cool, I will try to see it.
I remember a quote from somebody on the original film, they had to do alot of mods to the Ford, to keep up with a stock Charger.
First of all / Steve Mcqueen built the mustang up. He was a ford nut.
Back then none of them could believe a showroom stock (nothing done to it except exploding hubcaps) would out run and chase down the mustang in the straightaways. There was a pretty big write up of it in the old Saturday Evening Post.
I read it setting in a dentist office back then. They had to control the charger so it didn`t catch him so fast !!
I saw a rerun of it recently on direct t v, and the parts were cut out of the original version, that had the charger catching him so easily.

It's hard for us to believe that most people have never seen the movie.
And just ask the check out person under at the grocery store under 30 if they even know who Steve McQueen was.

It's hard for us to believe that most people have never seen the movie.
And just ask the check out person under at the grocery store under 30 if they even know who Steve McQueen was.

I'm 27 and Steve McQueen is very high on my list of all-time total badass awesome people. But you are right, you never hear about old actors like that unless you go looking for them.

Bullitt was one of the first movies I saw that really got me interested not only in Mopars with that awesome Charger but also '60s culture and older classic movies in general. Just the way the acting, cinematography, writing etc. is so different from movies made today I thought it was really interesting. About 10 years ago I got a 2-disc DVD set of Bullitt with a whole bunch of extra features and commentary including 'back-in-the-day' interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff from my local Best Buy.

I'm 27 and Steve McQueen is very high on my list of all-time total badass awesome people. But you are right, you never hear about old actors like that unless you go looking for them.

Bullitt was one of the first movies I saw that really got me interested not only in Mopars with that awesome Charger but also '60s culture and older classic movies in general. Just the way the acting, cinematography, writing etc. is so different from movies made today I thought it was really interesting. About 10 years ago I got a 2-disc DVD set of Bullitt with a whole bunch of extra features and commentary including 'back-in-the-day' interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff from my local Best Buy.

A good movie that doesn`t have a bunch of cussing ( for no apparent reason ) , that doesn`t add a thing , is hard to find w/o going back to the old ones.

Never seen it. Might have to go watch it if any theatre close by plays it.

Went to see this tonight. Wife and I were the first ones in the theatre, 1/2 hour before showtime. When the movie started, there were 11, that's right, 11 people in the theatre. I guess people don't appreciate the great classics.

That being said, it was FANTASTIC to see one of my favorite movies on the big screen. The 440 in the Charger sounded amazing in theatre sound. We had a great time.

I caught the 2:00 pm showing today in Pleasant Hill with my wife and son. I’ve seen it twice before on DVD, my son once on DVD, but never on big screen. Wife has never seen it before. We’re in our early 60’s.

We all loved it. My son, with a degree in digital art and a masters in sound design couldn’t pick it apart, because it wasn’t “fabricated” in a lab, it was the real deal. All you thirty-somethings should check it out.

Still showing Oct. 9th nationally, it’s your last chance.

Got my tickets for tomorrow night's showing - can't wait!

Just watched it. Took the afternoon off and went to the picture show. This movie is meant to be seen on the big screen. And there was one cuss word that I recall. Kinda refreshing to see a movie with a plot, no gratuitous nudity and not a cuss-fest..

-
Back