Bullwinkle in the back yard

-

Gryzynx

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Well, about a week ago, look who turned up in my back yard!

View attachment mooses 001 (Medium).jpg

This morning she was back. 7AM, still dark out, flipped on the light by the carport, walked up to my truck and as I was turning the key in the door, Mama was coming around my wife's car, heading for the back yard. I could have reached out and touched her nose! Now, I knew she had a calf the last time and I was not about to mess with her, so I jumped in the cab. She was quite docile, walked right by and behind her came 3 calves! They stayed in my yard for about 2 hours, munching on an ornamental crabapple tree. I live in town, about 1 1/2 blocks from the river. Needless to say, she scared the crap out of me this morning, but it sure was an interesting experience.

Very cool!That would,ve scared the bajeebles out of me first thing in the morning.Usually she would be very protective of her calf and for her to have 3 is odd.The best meat I ever ate in my life,was moose calf.

I'm pretty sure the two new arrivals were a different family. The original calf was with the mother and the new ones had a more pronounced hump and darker coloring. Still, the mother seemed to be leading all of them and they behaved as a family unit.

I use to truck a bunch in Canada and it was pretty neat to see those big swamp donkeys

Wow. My dogs would be going crazy if one of those came in the yard.

-
Back