-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar410

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello everyone I am looking for 4 bumper bolts with the rounded head and square flange.My bumpers are in too bad of shape to have rechromed so I'm going to paint them body color (hemi orange).But I think body color bumpers look better with out the bumper guards and the chrome ones one better with the guards.Doesn't have to be great chrome as I'm going to paint them.Even some with the chrome plate off would be fine also.Thanks in advance.FWIW they are going on a 70 dart.
BTW I do not mind getting new ones I just don't know where to look.

Thanks,those looked like they didn't have the square flange to them but it says "correct shoulder depth" so maybe they are the correct ones.Don't really need sixteen though.

Thanks,the RT Specialties looks like a better choice for me.

Thanks guys,sometimes I can't see the forrest for the trees lol.In my head I just figured they were a specialty item but what I'm doing with them any will do fine.

Dorman has them as I just ordered a box of twenty five and I bought 6 of them so far. I have the part number at work.

They are called carriage bolts. All carriage bolts have the square shoulder just under the head of the bolt.

The early t-300 (Dodge Ram after 94) and Dakota had them until 96. In 97 they switched to metric 12 mm bolts for both trucks. They came in both stainless steel (capped) and black e-coated. If you are going with painted, I recommend trying to order the black ones from a Dodge dealer, and have them look up the stock bumper bolts for the Dakota from 94 to 96. The black e-coated ones will last longer than if you painted them if you don't mind black. If not scuff the black and paint over them to your desired color. The stock ones were 7/16" coarst thread.

The base Dakotas had painted black bumpers to match the black bolts (actually vice-versa). The base model Ram bumper was argent. The SLT versions of both trucks had chrome bumpers and stainless steel capped carriage bolts to match the chrome.

Update:I checked o'reillys and all they had was 1/2 bolts so I went to TSC and bought some 3/8 carriage bolts and will use all 14 and not paint my chrome capped one or the bumper guards.But be warned the square extention is longer then the originals.I knew this when I bought them but I can cut the length down with a disk cutter.Since they are to be painted and only cost $2.50 for bolt,nut,flat and lock washer I figure I could do a little work to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back