Bumper Deletes, Roll Pans 67-69 Barracuda

-

xlexl

Reaction score
This may be a exercise in futility, and another thread to get little to no interest response. On the off shot i'm not the only person who has done this or planning to, I'm looking for pictures of front or rear roll pans. I'm fairly certain I know what I want to do to the front, the rear on the other hand i'm torn on. Its a choice between doing a cross brace between the valence and filling in the holes smooth or building a fiberglass roll pan to taper under the rear deck lid for a smoother transition. What ways have been done, and what do they look like?

When I was disassembling my '68 Cuda. I thought it looked pretty good without the front bumper. I was considering getting a fiberglass one to replace the chrome bumper. But now that you brought this up, I might have this option to consider.

When I was disassembling my '68 Cuda. I thought it looked pretty good without the front bumper. I was considering getting a fiberglass one to replace the chrome bumper. But now that you brought this up, I might have this option to consider.

For the front i'm thinking taking the bumper off and making a "grille" identical style to my grille in the open slot for the front valence. Might fill it in too...but....not completly thrilled with the way it looks...

BigJohn1968.jpg

That's an interesting look ,would be pretty cool I think the only issue is if you want to drive it a lot you're probably going to run into cooling issues but if it's for show I gotta say I like the look

That's an interesting look ,would be pretty cool I think the only issue is if you want to drive it a lot you're probably going to run into cooling issues but if it's for show I gotta say I like the look

Possibly, yet another reason to keep doing the 3rd "grille" idea.

I agree I don't care for that above picture. I like it open. Duplicate the vertical slats in the stock grill and put it in the opening. I think that might look good. Possibly some fog lights in there.

1968Barracudaproject072.jpg

A smoothed roll pan like shown above looks pretty good but I have to agree it still needs something. A chin spoiler might be answer. With some very good fiberglass working skill the fog lamps could be cut half their diameter into the spoiler. Imagination at work.
I like the continuous grille design that SAVAGE built for their 67 too.
I couldn't forfiet my bumpers or bumperettes for fear of damage to the oh so expensive trim parts they protect. Then again mine is a 67. If I was to modify the grilles and use the substitute plastic trim on her deck lid,.. less to worry about.

real good call on the fog lights or maybe move the turn signal down and replace the missing bars

A smoothed roll pan like shown above looks pretty good but I have to agree it still needs something. A chin spoiler might be answer. With some very good fiberglass working skill the fog lamps could be cut half their diameter into the spoiler. Imagination at work.
I like the continuous grille design that SAVAGE built for their 67 too.
I couldn't forfiet my bumpers or bumperettes for fear of damage to the oh so expensive trim parts they protect. Then again mine is a 67. If I was to modify the grilles and use the substitute plastic trim on her deck lid,.. less to worry about.

Thinking the size foglamps that come on the sn195 mustangs, big enough to be usable small enough to fit in.

Personally not a fan of the Savage grille, reminds me too much of a Cougar(The Hoover Vacumme).
Where do you pick up the plastic trim? Have the lower piece on my '68 to replace anyway has a pretty nasty ding in it that I cant seem to get out.

real good call on the fog lights or maybe move the turn signal down and replace the missing bars

Thought about that, but irreversibly bastardizing something is a little farther than i'm willing to go. That and I kinda like em :) especially now that i've got em tinted.

-
Back