Bumper Guards on a 70-72 Duster

-
Hey highwaystar, do you still have the 72 Duster? lf so, is the rear bumper have drilled holes for the guards? My 70 Duster 340's rear bumper bolt hole doesnt align with the guard.

I had a pair of bumpers on here recently that had guards on them. I sold the guards right away. I still have bumpers. Sorry you missed them. PM me if you need bumpers.

I have them

My bumpers are original chrome and the chrome underneath the bumper guards is better than the rest of the bumper so I really can't remove them without a rechrome job.

Paul

vbpgimage.php

Hey Paul, does the rear bumper have drilled holes for the guard?
Nice Duster 340 by the way.
I like the guards, adds to the look.

The rear bumper guards have a single bolt mounting each to the bumper. The guard hole is located directly over the bumper mounting hole nearest to the license plate, and covers the bumper bolt.

Thanks for the kind words about my car, I think the guards work with the sharktooth grill on the front and the wider tailights (my car is a 72).

The orange Duster at the beginning of this post is a good shot of the rear of the car.

Paul

Hey Paul, does the rear bumper have drilled holes for the guard?
Nice Duster 340 by the way.
I like the guards, adds to the look.

Paul, my rear guards dont align with the bumper bolt. The fronts align, but not the rear, thats the problem l'm having.

Ed

QuoteWedge 340:Amazing how nobody has a 70-72 Duster with bumper guards on this site.

I have bumperguards on my 70 Duster.:yawinkle: Both front and rear, only my Duster seems to have the rear and front-bumperguards more to the outersides, at front and rear. It is original, cause there are no other holes more to the middle of the bumper and the car has been over here in Europe:home: since new in 1970 and all original....At the rear I temporarely have the guard taken off on the right side to clean it up..

So...it is a Duster WITH bumperguards AND it is from 70 or 71 or 72 AND it is on this site, according to your question.:happy7:

Attachments

• Duster front.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC01363 - kopie3.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 429
That looks to be a late 1971 or 1972 bumper that someone put the bumper guards in the jack slot on the bumper on the left side. You can see the slot on the right side.

I would like to see the bumper guard that is off the car and look at how it's mounted. If the guard is just held on with a bolt, it seems odd that it would use a slot in the bumper and not a round hole.

Paul

attachment.php

That looks to be a late 1971 or 1972 bumper that someone put the bumper guards in the jack slot on the bumper on the left side. You can see the slot on the right side.

I would like to see the bumper guard that is off the car and look at how it's mounted. If the guard is just held on with a bolt, it seems odd that it would use a slot in the bumper and not a round hole.

Paul

attachment.php

@1972DusterPaul:
As you can see there are not 2 holes above eachother on each side close to the numberplate. At my bumper there is only 1. However, my bumperguard is mounted the same way as yours and there has never been changed a bumper on this car nor added the guards later. This is all original. Maybe it is due to the fact that this is a Canadian build exportcar. On the original papers it says: 1970 Dodge Dart GT Coupe, but the whole car is Duster, maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know. All I know is that there has never been changed anything to the car other than the seats. I have the original owners papers(the paper was printed in 1970 and almost torn apart due to its age) from new and the ownerspaper is still in use at this very moment and is here since 1970......You have to understand that over here the carpapers never are replaced during the cars lifetime. They pass on from owner to owner, also the car has the same licenseplate its entire life, the papers and plate ALWAYS need to go together......otherwise it's illegal here...

btw here is a pic of the bumperguard taken off...ps: maybe it has something to do with the mounted towing package (all original too)...

Attachments

• DSC03047 - kopie.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC03048 - kopie.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 189
Thanks for your help. That confirms what I thought, the rear bumper must have those holes drilled for the guard to be installed.

Ed

-
Back