bumper rechroming

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am ready to have my bumpers rechromed. I need some suggestions as to where you all have had dealings with. I am in the Cincinnati,Ohio area. I am looking for show quality but at a fair price. Let me know where you have had yours done or heard of by a reputable person,Thanks

Sent my wagon rear bumper and guards off to Tri City Plating in TN. Outstanding job, decent price and quick turnaround time as well. Now I gotta get the front done.

well.... I heard they were good. I just needed someone else to confirm it. I guess I will call them tomorrow. Thanks guys,Bill

There is a place in middletown Pa does great work Ive seam some of it but never used them, I dont no there name but you can google anything now days.

I think the company is now LQK was "Keystone"

they chromed mine the last time and give a warranty, did a GREAT JOB and was competitive priced

I had them done at another place 1st and the front they didn't straighten and after a year the rear started to turn. Too bad the company was out of business and I was out all the money.

The guy that did my body work said Keystone was great to work with, so i let him send out a second set of bumpers out. Look great still after 6 or 7 years.

I would not hesitate to use them again.

Rechrome or Re Pops
pro's and con's.
My originals have minor dents and minor rust. The re pops look good in the pictures. some one please help.

I have AMD They are not bad for the price. One thing you will notice is the are alot lighter in weight. The metal is alot thinner. I also had to straighten the top so it would be parallel with the body. Both rear bumpers were excactly the same Probably a flaw in all. After some miner adjustments with a dead blow hammer on wood it looks real good on my Duster and is almost as light as a composit bumper. I am happy with it for a Driver . I will get my originals rechromed for my resto Duster and Demon. Only because I have them and they are straight.

One thing I was told is to weld your name into the back side and make a tracing. There are some horror stories on getting someone elses repaired bent bumpers back.

Pauls is the place in Pa. I bought two AMD for the price of one rechrome from them. Freinds of mine also had theirs done at Tri-City. Chrome depth is alot better then AMD . And the price is very good for the quality

Whenever you get your bumpers rechromed or replace them alway. make sure your brackets fit flat on the bumper before you Tighten them up. A rapaired rechrome or Repop sometimes doesn't sit flat on brackets that are bent. Also round off any sharp corners. I have spydered the chrome in the past ignoring this simple step when tightening the bumper to bracket bolts. Just a heads up

To be 100% honest I wasn't to happy with the last results I got from Tri City Plating in TN. I have used them a total of three times and the last bumpers just wasn't done correctly or I should as nice as the previous two. Now there has been some time in between the orders but this last one did it for me.

I know they would stand behind their work and redo them for free but I would have to take the bumper off and send it back and all that crap.... !

I have a place on one of my bumpers that I didn't see until AFTER I got the bumper on. And yes it is in the chrome not anything that I have done. You would have a hard time finding it but I know where it is!!!

-
Back