Bumperette Placement

-

tomball

Reaction score
Trying to place bumperettes I purchased from a junkyard on the rear bumper of my 64 Dart GT. I think placement is about 4 inches from the outside bumper bolt but can someone verify exactly where I should drill for it? Thanks a million.

Welcome to FABO, fellow Arizona '64 Dart GT owner! :)

I don't have measurements, but I found a couple of photos of '64 Darts with rear bumperettes - hope they help:

Attachments

• 1964-Dodge-Dart-GT-For-Sale-Rear.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG00436.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 169
Thanks. It helps but I'd sure like to get an exact measurement to be accurate.

Thanks. It helps but I'd sure like to get an exact measurement to be accurate.

I can't help you with "exact measurements" But the bumperettes on the rear on my 65,66 and 64 were centered exactly on the trunk line on all 3. the center of the bumperette was on the line of the trunk on all 3 cars. here are a few picture that I snagged to help a little
sorry they are all 66's, but that's what I'm currently working on:D

View attachment !BUQt!ywB2k~$(KGrHgoH-DkEjlLly2R-BKMnGgmMHQ~~_12.jpg

View attachment 66DartGT%20rear.jpg

View attachment 7c86_12.jpg

nothing was found in the factory service manual about placement. and none of my bumpers have the hole for locating the bumperettes that I have that came in the trunk of the 66 dart.

I don/t know if it will be the same or not, but on my 65 Dart wagon's rear bumper (same bumper as a 65 Valiant or Barracuda), the outer bumper bolt is not used when the guard is fitted. The guard's mounting bolt is used to secure it to the bumper and brace.

I think the centered on the trunk line is the answer from what I can see. Thanks everyone.

On my 64 GT, the bumperette hole is 3 1/4 in. inboard of the outer bumper bolt. Hope this helps.

It does help but is that measurement from the centerline of the outer bolt or the inside edge of the outer bolt? Thanks

I prefer their placement in the garbage can. :)

-
Back