Bushing preference LCA, UCA

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
Are the replacement poly bushings for upper/lower control arms decent for a non-daily driven car ? I am referring to the bushings wherein you replace the rubber only and re-use the shells/outer liners. Obviously they've sold thousands but I've not used them , always had an old-school mechanic that knew what he was doing that pressed out/in , but he's retired ............

I used the poly UCA bushings but rubber for the LCAs. I am very happy with the performance, especially after I add an antisway bar. I had a hard time finding poly LCA bushings and as I recall, they don't recommend them.

If you correctly use the silicone grease (normally furnished with the bushings) you never get a squeak. Only time I ever had squeaks was on my GTX,and then I found that the mechanic forgot to use the grease I gave him. Easy fix though, he just pulled, lubed and reinstalled. No more squeaks!

So my question - no issues with re-using (or leaving in place) the outer shells ,and replacing only the rubber/poly bushing/inserts ?

On the lower control arms...you need to leave the metal outer shell on/in the control arm..the poly bushing presses in by hand ...and maybe a little rubber mallet.

10-4 ...... did one years ago. Some have said they have issues (walking/moving) but obviously they sell 'em. I'd go with old school complete with shells - but again, would need to find someone I could trust with a press. The only difference I can see is the Moog and OEM style have the rubber "bonded" (probably poured/molded in mfg) to the shells, where the poly aftermarket are obviously "floating" (though tight fitting) within the old outer shells - doubt the bonding makes them function any better as the primary function is the cushion/barrier between the hard/moving parts .... correct ?

We offer a ploygraphite set for $79 with the shells if you are interested.

James

PST - that would be 79 for lower set only ? Didn't see them on your website , only in kits ?

-
Back