Buyer beware, holiday florida

-

dartgtcharger

Reaction score
I purchased a 65 dodge dart gt with no engine. Built a 318 and needed exhaust manifolds, mopar charlie said he had the drivers side so i paypalled it and got them 3 days later. Installed them and there was a noise, the wrong manifold beating my steering box! I called mr mopar and he says he knows its the right manifold, my engine was installed wrong! Are you serious! Well now i have the correct one but mr mopar says theres marks in the manifold i sold you so i cant help you. I wouldent be in this situation if he knew about the 67 and up drivers exhaust manifolds, not the same as 65. Still tonight he told me im crazy, his part is the right one.sorry fellow mopar people but i have to post it somewhere. Buyer beware.thanx charlie.

When I bought my 65 Dart convertible, it had a 318 with the correct manifolds but wrong motor mounts. To correct this the PO notched part of the K Frame so everything would fit. I think the oil pan was incorrect as well. Got a picture of the manifold?

The engine mounts are the correct 65 dodge dart 273 mounts.I purchased the RIGHT manifold last week and everything fits perfect.I think Mr mopar knew the manifold wouldent work as he told me to paypal it as a gift,therefore i cant dispute it. As far as the part number goes,when i contacted Mr mopar he said it was the correct manifold and with a name like that, one would figure he knew what he was talking about, guess not.Yep my fault as well for not doing my homework and dealing with MOPAR CHARLIE. BUYER BEWARE.

post us up a pic of the manifold you bought from him...that will be easy to see if you got the correct one from him. as far asending the paypal money as a gift...thats a big No-No unless you know and trust the person...for now post a pic of the manifold and that will cover the story pretty well try to show the damaged area of the manifold also

Here is a pic of the manifold i bought from mopar charlie.The other pic is the damage.The last pic is the manifolds that i bought on ebay, The correct ones.

Attachments

• Picture 043.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 345
  • Picture 042.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 324
  • Picture 041.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 327
My manifolds have to lean back into the firewall, not go straight down.Still mopar charlie says im crazy and my motor is installed wrong. should have known better when he told me to gift it through paypal. any input fellow moparists?

My manifolds have to lean back into the firewall, not go straight down.Still mopar charlie says im crazy and my motor is installed wrong. should have known better when he told me to gift it through paypal. any input fellow moparists?

did you get to see pics of what you were buying? did he show you before hand what he was supposed to be sending?

Interchange shows 1964 through 1966 for your car. What are the numbers on the manifolds he sent you?g

Professional parts sellers should invest in a Hollander interchange manual to try to avoid problems like this.

I have an 87 vin "m" 318 highway patrol motor in my 66. its a 318 shortblock with 360 top end (factory), heads, intake, and accordingly, exhaust manifolds. Factory 273 mannies would choke the poor motor out. so for the passenger side i got lucky because i had it laying around, i have no idea what its from but it had the 360 ports and was a center dump, worked like a charm. the drivers side, by running the casting number, was from a 74 360 valiant. looks very similar to what you have, and i had clearance issues with the factory steering coupler, not the box, however i also used schumacher mounts, which set the engine higher in the bay, about 3/4 to 1 inch.

Here is a pic of the manifold i bought from mopar charlie.The other pic is the damage.The last pic is the manifolds that i bought on ebay, The correct ones.

Top picture appears to be '67-up manifold...bottom pic looks to be '65 correct.

#2465847 = '64-'66 273 a body drivers side (right pic)
#2780945 = '67-'69 273 a body drivers side (left pic)

They will not swap applications.

images
images

Top picture appears to be '67-up manifold...bottom pic looks to be '65 correct.

#2465847 = '64-'66 273 a body drivers side (right pic)
#2780945 = '67-'69 273 a body drivers side (left pic)

They will not swap applications.

images
images

And there you have it....

If the glove don't fit you must acquit.

his Bad for selling you the wrong part...your bad for sending money as a gift and for the damage to the manifold...although the damage is not detrimental to the part you should be able to sell them and recoup some of your loss and shake it off as a lesson learned

the 273 manifolds wont work on the later engines with that egr air port on the heads without modifications so good thing you didn't try them or the drivers side would be broken
I have an 87 vin "m" 318 highway patrol motor in my 66. its a 318 shortblock with 360 top end (factory), heads, intake, and accordingly, exhaust manifolds. Factory 273 mannies would choke the poor motor out. so for the passenger side i got lucky because i had it laying around, i have no idea what its from but it had the 360 ports and was a center dump, worked like a charm. the drivers side, by running the casting number, was from a 74 360 valiant. looks very similar to what you have, and i had clearance issues with the factory steering coupler, not the box, however i also used schumacher mounts, which set the engine higher in the bay, about 3/4 to 1 inch.

-
Back