Buyer beware!

-

valiantwagon

Reaction score
Just a warning, do not conduct business with Rob at Midwest Performance Products in Diller Nebraska. He sells questionable quality parts, does not stand behind his work or the parts he sells.
The Pro Comp CNC castings are pretty nice, the valves, springs etc. he installed are JUNK! The springs are weak, the seat pressures are not close to consistent, the valves are VERY soft. He claims they came from Hughes Performance, if this is true, I don't have much faith in their parts either.

This is not a case of getting what you pay for, I specifically had him build them up for a roller set up, he knew exactly what I needed for my application.

I had under 20 passes on them since new.

My local machinest is fixing them, going to run all Isky components in them now. This is going to cost me a minimum of $1200 to do this but I will end up with a killer set of heads in the long run.

My recommendation is to get a bare set of the Pro Comp CNC castings and have your local shop build them with high quality parts. It may cost a little more to start with but the end product will be much better.

Thanks for the words.FWIW,Hughes bails my a&$ out very time I have a dilemma.Service and product wise.Jus my .02 worth.

i have heard a good amount of problems with hughes products. my 2 cents

I think some of the Hughes stuff is OK, I do have a set of their rockers, much better than the Pro Comps. I would not recommend their valves or springs, even to run on a farm truck.

The valves that came in my cheapie Iron Ram heads are really decent, and the springs are putting up with more than they are rated for.

I've had very good luck with Hughes standing behind their work.

I'm betting the OP's guy is full of crap.

Was told by Rob at Midwest that Hughes would do nothing since they are race parts.
I was at my local machine shop when the springs were tested, none were the same pressure out of 5 springs tested (and all way too low of pressure).

i feel for you i had the some thing happened to me 3 times. the first was indy (thyeyreally suck to deal with) not setting my k-motion 1000 up correctly on thier 440-1 heads. not by a little but by 1/8" on the intakes and 1/4" on the exhaust. then i paid wynn's performance out of belle glade, florida for 16 new valves plus the labor to replace all of them because they bent from not enough seat pressure for the roller cam. not to be out down by themselves the a$$ hats set the valves up the same way after being told to set them at 1.90" and they set them up just the way indy did. of course they all bent too so i had them put in another set of 16 not knowing what was go on just yet. well a few weks ago i found out that they are just a crap performance shop and screwed me over twice, the bast@&%s. so now i'm waiting on a new set of valves and i'm glad i'm up here in north carolina. not being set up correctly cause them to sit on the seat with less then 150lbs. so there was no way that the springs could control the valves with no seat pressure. not having the correct valve spring compressor to do my own work was the refason i had wynn's do the job. now i have the compressor and tester so i can do the work and it'll be right.

Most all of the Pro-comp stuff i looked at was pure "junk" period, There electronics are garbage, There carb mainbody is questionable at best along with there Metering Blocks, There Nitrous stuff is a joke, I've bought many things that are produced from over seas (china) that were pretty nice, so its down to 1 thing & 1 thing only, its called "quality control", you want good/decent quality it'll come with a price. A manufacture pays X amount of $$$$$ for a product being made, The cheaper it is, the less the quality thats goes in it.

We all like stuff "cheap", but want good quality, those 2 do not go hand in hand, I will say this though, The "minute" the quality starts going up in the Procomp s*it (if they survive), you can rest assure so will the price.

-
Back