Buyers beware of Ws08

-
This may be a dumb question, but couldn't this all be avoided if we all used Pay Pal. I have NEVER had a problem with Pay Pal. And if someone makes an excuse why he doesn't have an active Pay Pal account, simply don't do business with them. If you don't get your stuff, contact Pay Pal. They have to step in and refund your money and then go against the jerk, don't they? If this bothers anyone, please don't get upset, I am just thinking out loud and trying to help our community.
paypal sucks. Ive burnt twice now by paypal in the last 2 months. not on private deals but with them making unauthorized charges to my account.

Reading through all the posts here of all the scams going on. My bet would be he is doing it to other hobbyists also. That includes Chevy, Ford, Pontiac and so on. Reason being is why would he limit it only to Mopar parts? Would it make sense to contact other hobbyist web sites and clue them in on the possibility, because if he is, that is more reason for LEO's to prosecute. Just my opinion. Thank you.

Reading through all the posts here of all the scams going on. My bet would be he is doing it to other hobbyists also. That includes Chevy, Ford, Pontiac and so on. Reason being is why would he limit it only to Mopar parts? Would it make sense to contact other hobbyist web sites and clue them in on the possibility, because if he is, that is more reason for LEO's to prosecute. Just my opinion. Thank you.
I would guess you are probably correct.

it went around several last time, including the big facebook parts groups. wouldnt hurt to do it again, last time, multiple victims were found for several thousand dollars.

it went around several last time, including the big facebook parts groups. wouldnt hurt to do it again, last time, multiple victims were found for several thousand dollars.
Yeah, looks like small potatoes on the surface but I imagine these dirtbags are raking in thousands off this overall.

Saw that sent him a message, he won't reply though...
We need a wall of shame Joey!
Have been saying this for years...Pretty sure the response is a simple copy/paste by now...."we have a feedback system". Problem is some folks don't use it. Have purchased a few things that the seller never left feedback for me. Could be because I was critical, in private mind you, of his packing of items. Worked at the USPS for close to 20 years, was just trying to be helpful. Anyway...might as well forget the "forum of shame"...ain't NEVER gonna happen

If my spidey sense ever tingles about a purchase, I request a photo taken of part and something with part.
Example im looking for a valve cover....take a pic of valve cover with a piece of paper saying "mopar" or "fabo" or whatever you want written on paper taken WITH the part.
Hope that makes sense.

This is a RICO case and federal mail fraud. These assholes need to be behind bars for their OWN safety. Period.
Good luck getting the USPS involved. Cross state lines also makes it federal I believe. I got hosed for 27k, across state lines. Was told by everyone I spoke with "sorry, can't help you"

I purchased a part from "these folks", transaction went smoothly as can be...guess I should consider myself lucky?

I purchased a part from "these folks", transaction went smoothly as can be...guess I should consider myself lucky?
thats what they do, they'll make a few good to great transactions when they first show up somewhere to establish a good rep, then rip folks off from there.

This may be a dumb question, but couldn't this all be avoided if we all used Pay Pal. I have NEVER had a problem with Pay Pal. And if someone makes an excuse why he doesn't have an active Pay Pal account, simply don't do business with them. If you don't get your stuff, contact Pay Pal. They have to step in and refund your money and then go against the jerk, don't they? If this bothers anyone, please don't get upset, I am just thinking out loud and trying to help our community.
A few issues with this. First, is that PayPal will only honor a case less than 45 days old.
Someone with the intent to scam will stall the deal long enough for this to expire.
The other thing to beware of are sellers that request you send the money "Friends and Family" to avoid the fees. When you go this route, you have zero recourse through PayPal.
One other thing...never accept an E Check as a refund on any deal that is closing in on the 45 day mark.
E Checks take several days to clear. If it bounces outside that 45 day limit, your clock has run out, and its over.

A few issues with this. First, is that PayPal will only honor a case less than 45 days old.
Someone with the intent to scam will stall the deal long enough for this to expire.
The other thing to beware of are sellers that request you send the money "Friends and Family" to avoid the fees. When you go this route, you have zero recourse through PayPal.
One other thing...never accept an E Check as a refund on any deal that is closing in on the 45 day mark.
E Checks take several days to clear. If it bounces outside that 45 day limit, your clock has run out, and its over.

This cat has used every one of these time honored classics through the years, and knows the scam business well!!

Man I would really enjoy giving people like this a good old fashioned beat down !!!
How crappy that snakes in the grass but a stain on commerodery
and the whole car connection !!!
Thanks to all the honest and caring people on this great site !!!

This cat has used every one of these time honored classics through the years, and knows the scam business well!!
Oh, these folks ain't stupid. But here's the root of their game...the thing that nobody seems to understand, and what gives them complete immunity from prosecution.
When they sell a part, they actually do have that part..along with photographic evidence of it.
The first hurdle they try to clear, is running out the clock.
If they get past that, and somebody actually attempts a legal move, they just send the part...OR, show Joe Law that they do possess the part, and that their INTENT is to ship it out as promised.
There are no contractual obligations based on time of delivery
Therefore they only need to prove the part exists, and SAY they plan on doing the right thing. With that, the law is out.

I have emails and text stating it was shipped 3 different times....I guess in future trans actions a definitive ship date will be in the agreement...

I have emails and text stating it was shipped 3 different times....I guess in future trans actions a definitive ship date will be in the agreement...
More importantly, I think, is the rep of some of the sellers here.
Many of our 'resident parts guys' have done hundreds, if not thousands, of successful transactions here. The best thing you can do for the FABO membership is to leave feedback, and perhaps a 'Kudos' thread for a good deal. This gives plenty of info for anyone who will 'take the time before dropping the dime' on used parts.
Do your homework, never impulse buy. If the guy does you right, blast it all over the forum. I do.

None of that is stated in any actual contract.
It would have to read something like-
"I The Seller, guarantee that this item will be shipped by, and delivered to The Buyer by midnight of (fill in the date) or this deal shall be defaulted on, and money promptly refunded in full by (fill in the date)
Both parties need to sign it.
ANYTHING less than that, and you have ****

I only have a phone number. But that's already been posted in other areas already.
I might as well add my hat to the ring, You still owe me some parts, or a partial refund, or a tracking # or GD response. You said you had the parts I needed, took my money and now you ignore my posts and won't send the parts that I paid for. BAD BAD KARMA DUDE!!

Joey could actually put a stop to most of this nonsence with a simple disclaimer at the top of each Sale category.
" All transactions must be settled in full within 30 days of payment, or seller will be permanently banned from placing any further For Sale ads"
With that, all the seller needs to do is show a screenshot of the PayPal transaction or pic of cashed check (SOL on money orders) and a PM to the seller on the 30th day.

-
Back