Buying a car without keys

-
I thought about that after I posted, our 67 is a single in the middle.
There is some debate on this subject. While few, if any, have two latches, there are reports of some...

20231211_195422.jpg

I tried in vain to pop the latches on my 65 Barracuda. I didn't have keys either and never was able to get the latches to move. Hole saw and a sawzall fixed that....lol. I hit the jackpot when I finally got to see in the trunk. I found a mint long ram intake setup, two Edelbrock D4B intakes for a 383, a spark plug cleaner and a few other things. I sold the long rams and 1 of the D4B's for almost as much as I paid for the car....lol.

So it was a pain, but after a couple of hours on back inside the car I was able to pop both the latches, fold down the divider, remove the 2 bolts from the latch and pop the trunk open.
I was happy to see everything in good shape including the rubber floor mat, hardboard piece over the spare (which is one of the bald original wide oval red streak tires!) and that the jack, jack base, tire iron and storing spring were all there in amongst the mouse droppings
There is zero rust and the paint is in good shape so after a thorough clean the trunk will be great.

Here’s evidence of a factory 2 latch divider from the factory.

IMG_3922.jpeg

Awesome! Glad it worked, and proof of 2 latches. :thumbsup:
Huge bonus with all the original pieces included!
So it was a pain, but after a couple of hours on back inside the car I was able to pop both the latches, fold down the divider, remove the 2 bolts from the latch and pop the trunk open.
I was happy to see everything in good shape including the rubber floor mat, hardboard piece over the spare (which is one of the bald original wide oval red streak tires!) and that the jack, jack base, tire iron and storing spring were all there in amongst the mouse droppings
There is zero rust and the paint is in good shape so after a thorough clean the trunk will be great.

Here’s evidence of a factory 2 latch divider from the factory.

View attachment 1716177562

-
Back