buying an a body

-

2 fast z28

Reaction score
hi guys getting back into the mopar world again i used to owner a 1990 dodge ramcharger that was rust free very nice truck and i loved it but i sold it and bought a camaro because i wanted a muscle car. now i want to get a mopar a good friend of mine has a couple of old mopars he has one that he wants to sell me and its a 1972 dodge demon. the car is pretty rust free but the car was hit on the rear quater panel right behind the door the trunk is rusty to and the drivers door has a couple of dents in it. it has disc brakes in the front with an 8 3/4 rear end no idea on gear ratio and it has a slant 6 in it the car is pretty much all there but i have no idea what it is worth if you guys could help me out that would be great and it is an auto with no a/c

he told me to make an offer for it. i dont have any pics of it but the worst thing on the car is the quater and the trunk. i think the quater will have to be replaced give me a ball park figure

Would be really hard to guess a price without seeing it, does the quarter look like it's been hit by a vw bug or a greyhound bus??? Me personally, I'd pay more for a demon than I would a duster if all things were equal (engine, tranny etc)..

Offer him $500 and see what he says. You would atleast find out if he just wants to dump it or make a fortune off of it. Its atleast worth that with the rear axle and disc brake setup.

My first rule when looking at a car is not to insult the owner right from the get go.. If he's a pretty good friend throw in a little trade offer as boot if you know what he likes, maybe a gun or something if he likes guns, I'd offer him $650.00 then build up from there.. Not knowing you, not knowing him, not seeing the car it's impossible to give you any rock solid advise on it... I'd start out by pointing out most of it's faults, I'd say engine and tranny I really can't use, don't know how much it's gonna cost me to replace that quarter panel etc... I'd start trying to deal ASAP, if word of mouth gets out someone might make him an offer he can't refuse....

-
Back