BWAHAHAHAHA! Another craiglist deal!

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
http://elmira.craigslist.org/cto/3838310006.html

I have a 1967 Dodge Polara. I purchased it for a winter project but I was never able to get it done. When I purchased it I drove it home and it seemed to run good. Right now it needs a new paint job and to be put back together. It has a 383 Engine with auto trans. The bad part is that I do not have a title or registration for the car. $1,500 OBO.

View attachment 3E23Kd3Ld5N25F45J6d5ua4aaee39c3de1108.jpg

View attachment 3Ed3L83N95N45Gc5H6d5u62aa11515a5f142e.jpg

View attachment 3Fb3Mf3L85Nd5X45J7d5u34d49105cd84121c.jpg

View attachment 3K63Je3Hc5G75W15H7d5u886cfe562fdd1050.jpg

Loved the crap: ran good when I drove it home... ummm, where's the engine and does that statement truly matter now?

And "just needs paint and put back together..."

Looks like it needs more than that.

What is wrong with people?

Look at the scrap yard he's got going in the back of the 3rd picture....

Yeah, just bolt on the "few" missing pieces, paint and go....

I nominate this ad for the CL CH hall of fame.

I'll bet he has the "numbers matching" drivetrain too. Just a scuff and buff on the body is all that's needed. lol

"The bad part is that I do not have a title or registration for the car."

I think someone needs a tutorial on how paperwork works and why you don't buy a car to build with no paperwork.

I believe the patina is worth the asking price. I watch Fast n load. One good week of work and I can take it to an auction get drunk ,Act like an *** hole. And then sell it for a loss.

That is where its at today. I would definitely get air time for a car like this. Just for buying it everyone would know how good I am at what I do. If it was closer I would be all over it. This is a factory light weight car . You can see the fenders and hood need to be held down with blocks. They floated away one time and he was lucky to get them back.

The car is definitely a money maker. Ask anyone who is going to do the work.

Well I am in. Who wants to go halves? I'll hold all the money until its done. As soon as you finish it. We'll split however much you didn't give me, Down the middle.

Everything will be split. All will pay$750.00 . The more that go in . The more we'll make on the purchase. And then when I sell it . I get half and you all split half.

Opportunities like this don't come along often. So Jump in and lets get this thing bought. The sooner I get the money. The sooner you can all start working on it . We'll worry about the title when its done.. I am sure you all can trust this guy. He seems like a honest person. But I myself will handle all the money and the sale. I wouldn't trust him that far.

Now don't all jump in at the last minute. I wouldn't want to leave anyone behind.

"The bad part is that I do not have a title or registration for the car."

I think someone needs a tutorial on how paperwork works and why you don't buy a car to build with no paperwork.

That's not a deal breaker in NY. Especially considering a car older than '73 in NY has no title.

A whole thousand dollars? Golly gee.

Yeah. Wanted Hemi Cuda..... I'll give you a whole dollar for it.... But only if all the windows still work and has original working drivetrain.....

Too many people on crack nowadays....

All joking aside, that might not be such a bad deal.

383 and tranny plus the wheels if they fit in with a project you already have..

The left overs at scrap will get you back about $300, assuming all the brightwork is there you could make some back on ebay. I bet a guy could make some profit on that parting it out.

That's not a scrap yard those are the other projects he has bought since 74 with no papers and no time to finish!

All joking aside, that might not be such a bad deal.

383 and tranny plus the wheels if they fit in with a project you already have..

The left overs at scrap will get you back about $300, assuming all the brightwork is there you could make some back on ebay. I bet a guy could make some profit on that parting it out.

Do you wanna buy a bridge??? I have a few for sale.....

With all the steel in them, they gotta be worth a fortune in scrap...

moneybagsoncracklist said:
I am looking to buy either a 1969 Charger or an older style Hearse (no specific make, model or year) to restore. I am looking to spend around $1000 *CASH* but I will spend more for the right vehicle.

Only requirements:

- Must start, run and be reasonably reliable
- Clean and clear title
- Windows must be in decent condition and function properly

Other than that, I'm not too picky, so send me an email and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

I think I have it figured out. He's missing the number "0" from the end of his price for cash paid.

You can't buy ANYTHING that starts and runs reliable for $1K, that isn't powered by a 1 cyl, 2 cycle engine or a Briggs... Maybe a Tecumseh...

You couldn't get a bare shell of a '69 Charger for $1K, without a title.

-
Back