By By Swinger...

-

schwinger

1972 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Im pretty sure alot of people went through this selling there car that they had for years or bought new or inherited it and had to sell because of either a financial situation, health reasons or just letting it go to pass it on to the next guy. Well on december 31th last year i joined the band wagon and sold my 1972 Dart Swinger which i had for 15 years and dang it heartbreaking and sucked *** due to a financial situation, barely making it last year, getting a new house, selling my other classic cars that i had just to get by as well as having a baby on the way. Took that car everywhere, used it as a daily driver for about 12 years that i had it. Drove it 3 times round trip up to minnesota to do the powercruise event which is such a badass event. Just basically drove it like it was meant to be driven and ill always remember the good times and bad times i had in it. Did sell it to a mopar nut locally so i believe it went to a good home but dang ill miss her.. I WILL FIND ANOTHER ONE THO!! in the meantime im moparless except for a 1960 Rambler i have that has a Dodge 360 in it!!
IMG_3263.JPG
IMG_3337.JPG

114.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

I hear what you are going through...Lost my 1st Mopar when I was 18, due to stupidity. An awesome 69 GTS 4speed. Always was a sore subject. Fast forward 30+ years later, I was in able to afford another. Enjoying it with your kids, the 2nd time around, is much better!
Hang in there.

Sorry man...but things seem to work out for the best in the end.

The third picture looks like where Forest Gump was running! Where was the second picture taken? The statue is huge!

I will Joey and this year should be a good year for me financially!!
Sorry man...but things seem to work out for the best in the end.

The third picture looks like where Forest Gump was running! Where was the second picture taken? The statue is huge!

Yeah that was in monument valley! I was coming back from Minnesota going to Arizona on that trip and the statue was in Wyoming. Saw it off the hwy and wanted to check it out!!

Well that plainly sucks. I can relate, I sold my '70 Dart about 8 years ago, after more than 20 years ownership and a lot of awesome times. It went to another Mopar freak who had one like it in high school, so I expect it is well cared for. I really don't miss it, but I do wonder why I sold it in the first place, my wife was opposed to me selling it, she really liked it, green is her favorite color, but I wanted something different, had a few somethings that were different, now I'm back to building a '75 Dart Sport. Go figure.
With a bit of luck and a better year, maybe you'll find another one, or even get a chance to get her back.

Yeah my wife didn’t care to much of the car because of the baby **** brown color, lol but she said if it was a green or blue Itll look sharp which I wanted to paint it one of those colors but owell!

Been there, done that. Now 62, but in my late 20’s, was married for a couple years, daughter on the way, selling the two bedroom condo and buying a house. Sold my MGB and my 340 GTS Dart to begin a new chapter in our lives.
Today, we’re still married, produced two awesome kids now on their own, have a bigger home, a couple Kawasakis, and a ‘66 Barracuda. Stay focused on the future, love your family, stay passionate about Mopars, and good things will come to you.

I feel for you, I had a 92 chevy lumina that I drove as my daily driver, 100 miles a day for 7 years, lost the timing chain so I decided to scrap it. On my way home I saw it on the back of a tow truck.
I had a hard time keeping the tears away. Funny how we get so emotionally attached to our cars. Guess it is the time and effort we put into them keeping them on the road.

Been there, done that. Now 62, but in my late 20’s, was married for a couple years, daughter on the way, selling the two bedroom condo and buying a house. Sold my MGB and my 340 GTS Dart to begin a new chapter in our lives.
Today, we’re still married, produced two awesome kids now on their own, have a bigger home, a couple Kawasakis, and a ‘66 Barracuda. Stay focused on the future, love your family, stay passionate about Mopars, and good things will come to you.
Will do!!

-
Back