By-Pass hose

-

Cravin'sCuda

Reaction score
Is there a better setup for the bypass hose. I bought the silicone Mopar one and it doesnt fit. The regular hose looks cheezy and wanted a better look:banghead:
bypassdw6.jpg

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, this is the only game in town. That by-pass hose is an incredibly poor design yes, it IS a ***** to install. My suggestion is to use a rubber lubricant, such as the paste used to mount tires, and grease it up and get it on.

Just don't forget the clamp if it's a non-opening type.. :toothy7:

I looked everywhere for one. I wanted a braided stainless one but had no luck. I even went down to the local industrial hose manufacturer to see if he could fab me one with no luck.
Try silicone grease on your hose it works the best, it even makes those AN fittings go on with ease!

Try silicone grease on your hose ....

I tend to stay away from silicone for hose ends since it never really "dries" and could cause problems. But on that damn by-pass hose, if you can't get a finger-full of tire mount lube, go for the silicone spray. That hose will NEVER work itself free!

if you could come up with a stock nipple for the intake it looks like that it would be shorter than the one that you have, and that may make it easier to install your hose. if you think that a stock nipple doesnt have the right look for you, on the ones that i have used the hose slides on almost flush with the intake and you cant see it anyway. good luck!

If you think this is a PITA, try a 170 slant or an FE Ford (pull the water pump). Sometimes stock is best because it works. If you really want the silicone hose, get some stock nipples. They are quite a bit shorter than the ones you have and the hose completely covers them anyway. The hose will slip on real easy if you coat the inside and the nipples with egg whites and the mess cleans up with water. Hope this helps.

Those fitting wont work with a stock hose . They are too long. There is a kit of correct hose fittings. I've seen it on ebay before.
Only aternative I've seen was bushings and 3/8 nipples along with a 3/8 molded hose. The guy claimed smaller hose didn't cause any problems.
The trick to installing is fold the hose double and start on both nipples at once.

-
Back