c clip eliminators in an 8 1/4

-

74Dusterkid

Reaction score
i am going to be taking out the 7 1/4 from the dart and switching it with the 8 1/4 from the duster. where is the best place to get c clip eliminators for the 8 1/4 if it is even possible to get them. cause i dont want to have an axle or two walk out on me after i break something in the rear. cause i have done some research on the rears and all and dont want that to happen to me.

thanks craig jr

so are there any one who makes a kit to do this or is it so uncommon that they dont make them and i should just save up for an 8 3/4.

how much h.p. are you planning for? if its a semi-stock setup and 8 1/4 with the clips is more then enough. but if youre planning more then that you might as well wait for an 8 3/4...

it will more than likely be the 360 in there and will slowly getting built up over time. but i just would like to get the assurance of that when im doing like a burn out or a launch that if i do break something the axles wont walk out on me.

8-3/4...put it in and dont worry for a long time...no c clips to worry about either

the c clips in an 8 1/4 don't break. That's all chevy BS. Never heard of a mopar 8 1/4 with c clip problems. If you're worried about them, put new ones in.

i am going to be taking out the 7 1/4 from the dart and switching it with the 8 1/4 from the duster. where is the best place to get c clip eliminators for the 8 1/4 if it is even possible to get them. cause i dont want to have an axle or two walk out on me after i break something in the rear. cause i have done some research on the rears and all and dont want that to happen to me.

thanks craig jr
Summit carry,s them or Moser,Strange Axels.I run a stroked 340(452hp) with a 4 speed.My 8 1/4 would handle any punishment(burnouts,shifting)It wasn,t until I put slicks on at the track,then it was all transfered to the axel and snap!If you plan on modifying your 360,you might as well go with the 8 3/4 and save time and money ahead of time.Do you plan on racing(with slicks)If not the 8 1/4 will work fine.The c-clip eliminators hold the axel in incase of breakage.They don,t replace the clip itself,they mount at the end of your hub.

Picture 010.jpg

the c clips in an 8 1/4 don't break. That's all chevy BS. Never heard of a mopar 8 1/4 with c clip problems. If you're worried about them, put new ones in.

C-clips don't break in any axle. Its the fact that the axle is retained in the diff and not at the wheel that is the issue. Break an axle and the wheel will leave the car.

ok i see now well i want to get that car sprayed first cause if im not wrong mopars are supposed to have the same body color under the hood as the body right? and that is the state that the car is in right now. and i have about 700 in the stash for the car so im gonna have to weigh my options here.

we got the 8 1/4 out,cleaned/degreased,and painted in under 2 hours. here are some pics of it. and it does have and open rear and 2.45 gears cause thats what that little tag said.

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.JPG

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.JPG

027.jpg

-
Back