CA Impact Bumpers on 76 Duster

-

Pana.Mopar

Duster Down Under
Reaction score
Hi All,

My 76 Duster has CA Impact Bumpers. I just took delivery of the vehicle a few weeks ago and am having the vehicle re-painted. Are these Impact Bumpers easy to remove? I take it new brackets are needed to mount the bumpers to the chassis. Anyone have easy solution into replacing the bumpers back to where they should be???

Pana.Mopar are you asking about modifying the shock-impact 5mph bumpers that stick-out from the body? They can be moved closer to the body without too much trouble. You just need to take apart the shock part of the mount, and remove the spring and oil inside. Then put them back together so they are at full compression (the two parts as close together as they go). Then just weld the two parts together for each side and reinstall on the car. I think I have some pics of when I did this if that would help.

Pana.Mopar are you asking about modifying the shock-impact 5mph bumpers that stick-out from the body? They can be moved closer to the body without too much trouble. You just need to take apart the shock part of the mount, and remove the spring and oil inside. Then put them back together so they are at full compression (the two parts as close together as they go). Then just weld the two parts together for each side and reinstall on the car. I think I have some pics of when I did this if that would help.

Hi Aaron, Thats exactly what I needed to know.. Thanks for that! My Duster is going in to be painted in a couple of weeks so perfect opportunity to have this done... Thanks again for the info...

-
Back