Cable connection on heater control

-

Monaro

Reaction score
Had my instruments sent away for repair-"no worries mate should be ready in 3 weeks" 3 months later got it back, now I can't remember how the 3 cables from my heater control connect to the heater box, service manual about as useful as tits on a bull. Car is a 69 cuda. Top cable has 1 cable with a yellow tag and the bottom has 2 cable R/H side has a red tag and the L/H side has a yellow tag. Anyone can help?
Regards,
Monaro:banghead:

Closest I have is for 69 Dart. I don't see how this can be so complicated?

Can't you move the heater control levers and see which cable moves when?

Attachments

• heater.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 260
No, because any 3 of the cables will open and close a door, I have worked out the defrost cable but the other 2 are the problem, but I think that I have worked it out. I just don't want to connect and then find out they are wrong after installing dash. Your drawing is the same as my heater.

Can anyone help with a pic or description of how to fasten the cable to the lever on the console heater?defrost selector ? I have the clips but am stumped as to how they work .

The tab on the clip goes in the small hole on the bracket. Then the clip snaps over the top of the bracket.

attach the cables to the heater controls and use the pic Dell posted to see where they connect

Thank you , I could tell there was some confusion as to which clip I meant and I figured out that my control cable is missing the loop that should fasten to the arm on the console side lever. I thought there was a clip to make it hook but now I get it. I appreciate all the help though !

I took pictures of my 64 Valiant before taking it completely apart. (see photos) I remember my 68 and 69 cuda heater controls are very similar, if not exactly the same. Move the heater control levers on the dash to see which is which. You'll get the general idea.

Attachments

• P1170616.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 128
  • P1170619.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 125
Yes. Turns out the loop was cut off the end of my cable. Brazed on a new one and was good too go
Thanks to everyone who chimed in

-
Back