Cable routing?

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Installed my Innovate LC2 air/fuel mixture setup this weekend. Got the gauge and processor mounted and have the wiring all figured out. I am trying to plan for the routing and fastening of the big cable that runs from the sensor to the processor. The exhaust is not installed yet. Hoping to get suggestions and/or photos from one already installed. Also, which side should I put the bung in with an LD4B dual plane intake. Read somewhere one side runs richer/leaner than the other with dual plane intake.
TIA---DRO:)

Installed my Innovate LC2 air/fuel mixture setup this weekend. Got the gauge and processor mounted and have the wiring all figured out. I am trying to plan for the routing and fastening of the big cable that runs from the sensor to the processor. The exhaust is not installed yet. Hoping to get suggestions and/or photos from one already installed. Also, which side should I put the bung in with an LD4B dual plane intake. Read somewhere one side runs richer/leaner than the other with dual plane intake.
TIA---DRO:)

I got that 2 cylinders on each side are from different sides of the carb.
Like cylinders 2 and 8 vs 4 and 6 run off the two different planes. (have not verified that for sure)
They come together at the collector before the sensor anyway so you are actually seeing the results from both planes mixed together on the guage.

In any case I really don't think it matters that much which side since we do the same things on both sides of the carb like jets and needles and such.
Idle mixture is a little odd when you think about it, but keeping them close to the same number of turns seems to do alright.
By that time I'm kinda just going by ear and idle vacuum anyway. :D

My sensor is on the passenger side pointing up at about a 45 degree angle inward and I routed the cable up the side of the trans and then over to the inner fender and up to an existing body plug because there was a gap inside the car between the heater box and firewall to tuck the box and extra cable behind it out of sight.
It goes from the sensor in towards the trans and up, then over the headers and clears the collectors and down tubes by a good 6 inches.
Still looks good as new.

I agree does not matter. If you still have a stock system with heat riser butterfly, I'd guess put it in the side withOUT the butterfly.

Thanks guys, The heat risor is gone and closed up. Thinking about the passenger side, possibly on the inside down the channel next to the door, then through the floor near the rear seat foot depression. have to check it out, thanks for the input.
DR:coffee2:

-
Back